Sunday, April 6, 2014

Aveeno Positively Nourishing Fig+Shea Butter Hydrating Body Wash

In the past I haven't had the the best luck with Aveeno. The lip balm dried my lips and the face wash broke me out. But I'm all about third chances so I took it home with me. Plus, it has my favorite ingredient (Shea butter) so ...I HAD to try it.



Aveeno claims:
This lightly-fragranced, hydrating body wash contains shea butter, a natural ingredient known for its moisturizing properties, and is enriched with natural fig for healthier-looking skin that feels soft and smells great long after you shower.

So let's start with packaging. It's a pretty big bottle (16 ounces) and the packaging is pretty average. I do like the drawing of the fig...it's cute!

Now as for scent...it's smells really floral to me with a hint of figs. It's pretty strong too. I find I have to be in the mood for it. If you like florals with a hint of exotic (fig) you would probably love this. I'm not the biggest fan of floral scents but I do enjoy it on occasion. I do find that if I have a headache and use this, it makes it a little worse. 

Oh I almost forgot, it lingers the teeniest bit on me, which I like. I hate shower gels that disappear as soon as you get out the shower. 

The best thing about this is it doesn't dry my skin out. I can shower and go. I do wear lotion most days but if I don't have time to put it on I'm not too worried about looking ashy.

As for texture, it's kinda on the thin side. I don't find it to be concentrated but that's OK. It only cost five bucks...and should run no more then seven in most places. Sometimes Aveeno has coupons too so I suggest keeping an eye out for those. 

It has some good ingredients in it...along with some bad. I kind of expected that though.

Ingredients:
Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Ficus Carcia (Fig) Fruit Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed OiI, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Fragrance, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Citrate, Styrene Acrylates Copolymer, Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, Polyquaternium 7, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid (may also contain)

Overall, I like it. I'm glad I don't hate it like the other products from Aveeno I've tried. If you like floral/fig scents  it would be worth a try. They do have a couple of other scents though. I want to try the calming one but they don't sell it in my area. Ah well.

No comments:

Post a Comment