Monday, April 21, 2014

Clarisonic Mia 2


I wanted to make sure I used the Clarisonic for a while before I wrote the review. I've been using it since the beginning of February and it's now April so I think I've used it long enough to review.

Let's get started.

I got this for my birthday...otherwise it's quite expensive ringing in a t$150. Why? Because it uses "sonic" cleansing just like the toothbrushes. Basically this thing pulses over 300 times per movement which is supposed to clean more effectively than manual cleansing.

They have a couple different models but they all basically do the same thing. Some of the other models come with different speeds. The Mia 2 has two speeds.

Be sure to check the website for more information on it though! 

So basically when you get it you need to charge it for 24 hours. It wasn't fun waiting but whatever. 

Speaking of charging, the charger is super cool. It's magnetic. I've never seen a charger like it. And it's universal, so if you must charge it in another country you can! Oh yeah, I do want to address the charger which some claim in large and not travel friendly...ummm charge it BEFORE you travel. That way you don't have to travel with it. That should work for most people, unless you travel for more than thirty days which is how long a charge lasts for me. 

Next, it's a nice size and completely waterproof. It was kind of hard for me  to put it under water because mentally, most of your products should not be submerged in water. But this is completely safe. Yay!!

It comes with a mini cleanser, a protective plastic brush cap (which I accidentally threw way!), a booklet with $25 off your first clarisonic. com purchase. One thing I want to point out is this is a product you will need to continue to put money into. You pay $150 for the device and it comes with your first brush BUT you will need to replace the brush every three months. And those brushes are cheap. They run around $25 dollars a brush. Just something to think about.
Excuse the color...I cleaned it but my foundation seems to have dyed it a little!

So after charging it I was all set to use it. It basically vibrates.  I soaped it up with the cleanser and got to washing. At first the brush felt kind of harsh. I was using the delicate setting but it did take a minute for my skin to get used to it. It cleansed my makeup off extremely well. And my skin was really smooth afterwards for the first week or so of using it. Now I don't feel the same smoothness I used to feel but it may just be that I am used to it.

So what do I think about it? It's a great cleanser but if you already clean your face really well you probably don't need this. For someone like me (lazy) the one minute cleansing is extremely quick and effective. And I love the beeper that lets you know when to move to a different area of your face.

But other than that I don't really see that many benefits. My skin still breaks out as much as it did before the clarisonic...and I don't notice any significant texture improvement. Well, nothing that warrants the cost of the product. 

I use it once a day because any more than that and my skin will be very angry with me. 

I used up the sample cleanser that comes with it and it's an OK cleanser. A tad drying but nothing I would go out of my way to get a large size of. 

It comes in a variety of colors...I ended up with the blue which I really like. 

Overall, I do like it but if I were to lose it or something I probably wouldn't replace it. I love that is it made in the USA though! One word of caution: beware buying it on ebay or amazon. There are fakes of this product floating around.

And there you have it...my review on the Clarisonic. Do you have one? Would you buy it? 

3 comments:

  1. I have never used it. I would like to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine paying that price for it, especially when you have to repurchase the brushes every so often. In the UK we have some dupes for it apparently! Boot's No7 have one but it isn't completely waterproof and you have to use batteries but its only £15! That's big difference! I'll probably try that one first :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty expensive!! Especially when you factor in the replacement of the brushes....I'm not looking forward to ordering more :( If you end up picking it up can you do a review? I heard the Olay is a pretty good dupe also and the price isn't bad....

      Delete