Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Lavanila The Healthy Fragrance: Vanilla Grapefruit


I first smelled this on a trip to Sephora...way back when I was a poor college student. I'm still poor. And I'm still in college. The only difference is that I own this yummy fragrance! :)

Lavanila claims:
An Uplifting Citrus. This invigorating blend of sparkling grapefruit, creamy cedarwood, lime, and Madagascar vanilla is created by master natural perfumers who use only the finest pure essential oils. Kissed by sunshine, this unique scent lifts the spirits.
Master natural perfumers blend exotic essential oils with skin soothing botanicals for timeless expressions of nature that captivate the senses and nurture the skin. Infused with everything that's good for you and absolutely nothing that’s not, LAVANILA is changing the way you spray.

Traditional Fragrances are loaded with phthalates, harsh chemicals, chemically-laden alcohol and petrochemicals that can cause dryness, damage and irritation. 

The Healthy Fragrance is made with all-natural & organic ingredients and completely free of harsh chemicals. We infuse organic sugar cane alcohol with exotic essential oils & skin soothing botanicals for an authentic and skin safe expression of nature. 100% Healthy.

I was in Sephora on Black Friday..overwhelmed by all the goodies, just sniffing stuff when I spotted this line. I LOVE almost anything vanilla so this seemed like a line that would rock my world. I picked up the vanilla/coconut and this one, ultimately deciding to sample this one as I love grapefruit  and sometimes eat three in one sitting. So I spritzed and went on about my business.

It smelled really nice on initial spray and the smell just kept getting even better the longer I wore it. The grapefruit is subtle but it's there. The vanilla is heaven: creamy, sweet, and amazing. I fell in love. And it went on my list of things to buy...one day. I ran out of perfume and remembered this. So I ordered it. And it's every bit as yummy as I remember. I LOVE IT.

A completely strange man walked up to me to compliment me on it the first time I wore it after I received it.  And when I wore it out for girl's night/clubbing the smell stuck to me all night long. Usually scents disappear on me. 

The packaging is average. The box is super cute. The glass bottle is standard.  But I don't love it for the packaging. 

The best thing: It's healthy for you!

No harmful things. In fact is has things in it that are quite good for you.


Ingredients:
Alcohol denat. (from Organic sugar cane), Botanical fragrance blend, Deionized water, Lycium barbarum (Goji) powder, Terminalia ferdinandiana (Kakadu plum) fruit extract, Epilobium angustifolium (Canadian willowherb) extract, Olea europaea (Olive leaf) extract, Alteromonas ferment extract, Chrysanthellum indicum (Chamomile) extract, Oat amino acids, Glycerin (Vegetable), Vanilla planifolia.



This is definitely one of my top perfumes ever! I highly recommend it if you are a fan of vanilla/citrus. Now I want them all. And they have quite a selection. I paid around $58 dollars which I definitely think was worth it. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds Gorgeous! Wish they sold this brand in the UK! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! I can't believe they don't sell it there? Maybe Sephora ships internationally?

      Delete