Monday, April 7, 2014

Real Techniques Blush Brush


I love Real Techniques brushes. And I've been trying to love this brush...but I just can't.

At most, I like it. It's ok. I just feel like I have other brushes that do a better job. 

I bought this from Amazon for around eight dollars. It's definitely inexpensive.

It has a pink handle and a bunny tail shaped brush head...that is way to large for blush. And I have pretty big cheeks.

It stands up on it's own. And it is kinda bulky but still light in the hand. I just realized I'm not the biggest fan of the way the brushes look. 


Another thing I'm not so fond of are the actual fibers. Most of my brushes are synthetic. But recently I got my hands on a couple of natural brushes. And I LOVE those. It was only after those that I realized how much my synthetic brushes suck at picking up product. This one especially. It picks up small amounts then takes a while to deposit the color on my face. This would work well for extremely pigmented blushes but for the average blush...not so much. My Ecotools brush ,which is also synthetic, does a better job than this one.

Of course, just because it says blush brush doesn't mean it can't be used for other purposes. It works a lot better for me as a powder brush. The brush shape helps it to get into corners your average powder brush can't. 

There are still other things you can use it for. Like bronzer but I still found it too big. 

On the plus side, this brush is super soft. And it doesn't shed. Ever.

Overall, it's not a must have for me. I doubt I will reach for it often. Probably only when my other brushes are dirty.


Have you tried it? Like it? Love it?

Edit: I find I'm really really liking it as a powder brush...and now that I've gotten the hang of it, it works a lot better with certain blushes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment