Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Lush Fizzbanger Bath Bomb


Continuing on with trying to break my lazy blogging habits...it's a hard habit to break. I still haven't watched the latest Game of Thrones episode and it's really calling my name but I decided I would do this post. This is so off topic but I just finished one of my favorite books ever...Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. It's such an old book and one I thought I wouldn't like but I loved it!! Anway...

Lush Claims:
A Catherine wheel of a bath bomb. It changes colour as it fizzes round the tub, crackling with popping candy as it goes and releasing first a citrussy apple and then a cinnamon, apple pie like scent with a hint of ylang ylang. Petitgrain is used in aromatherapy to calm the breathing, slow the heartbeat and reduce feelings of anxiety. Ylang ylang produces a feeling of joy, and cinnamon leaf oil helps you let go.


So I'll start off with scent...it's smells like warm citrus, apples, and spices. And I wasn't really a big fan which was too bad because this is actually one of the stronger scented ones. It's something about the "warm citrus" that just didn't do it for me. 

This one had pop rock candy in it which didn't excite me to much. I've encountered too many bath bombs with the pop rocks in it. But to this one's credit it had the most so it made the most noise.

When it's over it has a little paper in it that says "Bang"...again an idea I've already seen in the Blackbery bath bomb. Seems like they are running out of ideas.

One thing unique to it is the color it turned the water...a beautiful green made from mixing the blue part of the bomb and the yellow. And it created a pretty looking foam. 

Of course mine was broken but I don't think it took away from the overall bomb performance too much. 


Ingredients:

  • Sodium Bicarbonate
  • Citric Acid
  • Popping Candy
  • Cream of Tartar
  • Cinnamon Leaf Oil
  • Petitgrain Oil
  • Ylang Ylang Oil
  • Lauryl Betaine
  • Sodium Laureth Sulfate
  • Oak Moss Extract
  • Citral*
  • Cinnamal*
  • Coumarin
  • Geraniol*
  • Limonene*
  • Linalool*
  • Perfume
  • Colour 42090
  • Colour 47005

  • Overall, I'm not impressed with this particular bomb. Hopefully I'll have more luck with the others I got in my last haul!

    Tried it? Like it? Love it? L

    Let me know!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment