Wednesday, June 4, 2014

#1 Best Pie Crust Ever-Turkey Pot Pie

I'm secretly addicted to Banquet's Chicken Pot Pie's. I don't eat any other frozen pre-made food except those salty, not so great for you pot pies. Heating up a pt pie is easy peasy. Making one completely from scratch-not so much! 

When I saw this recipe for pie crust I figured I would try to make Turkey Pot Pie.  

And the crust came out AMAZING! 

The inside-not so much- but it was OK because I added lots of fresh carrots, peas, and celery. So it was good for me. I just love the filling in those cheap frozen ones- even though the quality and the amount of the meat could use some help.

Anyway, click this link to get to the best pie crust recipe. It really was good-flaky, and easy to make since you use a food processor. 

I think it will be my go to for pie crusts from now on. Just not for pot pies...which take a lot of work to make. I was exhausted by the time I was done.


No comments:

Post a Comment