Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Kiehl's Lip Balm #1

Yay, my first Kiehl product. 

I don't know much about the brand except it's been around a long time and they are pretty expensive, so when I found the lip balm for 5 bucks I had to have it especially since the retail price is $7.00.

Kiehl claims:

A lip balm that protects and helps relieve chapped or cracked lips
  • Helps protect lips from the drying effects of wind and cold weather
  • Formulated with soothing emollients Squalanea, Lanolin and Wheat Germ Oil, as well as Vitamin E
Long story short: I don't like it.

I didn't really know what to expect...whether it would be creamy or jelly like.

Turns out it's extremely jelly like. Like Glorified Petroleum Jelly (Vaseline). Unfortunately I don't like petroleum based lip balms. I feel like they block moisture in the long run. This one goes on, makes your lips feel moisturized, then disappears and my lips end up feeling worse. They aren't flaky or anything, it just doesn't wear away nicely.

Then there is the scent. When I first started using it, it reminded me of fish oil or something. It still does.

My next complaint is that when you apply it liberally it feels like a greasy mess. I can feel it slide around. It's just really not a pleasant feeling.

Then there's the packaging. It doesn't have a slant tip that would make sense to have since it is a lip product. Excuse the lipstick I got on it...it happens!

Ingredients:
Petrolatum, Squalane, Lanolin, Triticum Vulgare Germ Oil / Wheat Germ Oil, Pentylene Glycol, Tocopherol, Caprylyl Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Allantoin, Aloe Barbadensis Extract / Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract.

As you can probably tell, I'm not happy with it. Don't think I will try another product from them for awhile, if I try another.


Tried it? Like it? Love it? Let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment