Monday, June 2, 2014

Lush Sandstone


When I read the description I knew I had to have it. It just seems so unique. A soap with sand in it? Too cool! Apparently the women of Brazil have been using sand as an exfoliant for years. I don't think I would go to the beach and rub actually sand on myself...theres a lot of nasty things at the beach but this soap is right up my alley.

Lush claims:
An uplifting and skin-smoothing citrus soap that brings to mind the beaches of Brazil. Waves of sand and a lemony scent will transport you to a tropical beach, sipping seaside cocktails. We've used the incredibly uplifting litsea cubeba oil to wake up your mind, then wake up your skin with the sandy scrub. It's the perfect soap for summer, or whenever you want to feel bright and breezy.


Ok so this soap smells amazing. I've tried two other citrus soaps from Lush-Sexy Peel and Bohemian. This smells similar to Sexy Peel but better and Bohemian just plain sucked to me. It must be the Gardenia that makes it smell so good. It's the same gardenia they use in the Honey I Washed the Kids soap. So there is the gardenia and the most lovely lemony citrus smell. I love it! It could be stronger though but for some people it's strong enough. I don't notice it lingering on my skin but I have picked up the scent a little after I shower.

So the exfoliant...SAND! I feel like it definitely works for sloughing off dead skin but I don't get the same smoothness I get when using other exfoliants.

It does lather well though! I didn't think it would because of the sand. The only thing is it doesn't seem to last long but then again no lush soap does. It doesn't dry my skin but I wouldn't call it moisturizing either.

Ingredients:
  • Water (Aqua)
  • Sand
  • Glycerine
  • Rapeseed Oil and Coconut Oil
  • Sodium Stearate
  • Perfume
  • Litsea Cubeba Oil
  • Coriander Oil
  • Sodium Chloride
  • EDTA
  • Tetrasodium Etidronate
  • Sodium Hydroxide
  • Gardenia Extract
  • Citral*
  • Geraniol*
  • Lilial
  • Limonene*
  • Linalool*
  • Hydroxycitronellal

Overall, I really like it. It's unique and smells yummy! 

For good measure I added this picture of a Brazilian beach....Sigh. I want to go!!


No comments:

Post a Comment