Friday, June 13, 2014

Anita Grant Creamy Cafe Latte Leave-In Detangle Conditioner



My first Anita Grant product review. I did a haul on this a little while ago and now I am finally ready to review it. I was super excited to buy these products. I wanted them awhile but the euro rate...and then paying for shipping from the UK made these out of my price range. Eventually I just decided to splurge. 

Anita Grant claims:
Suitable for those with extremely dry, coarse natural curly hair.
Pure Brazilian Coffee Oil stimulates the follicles while the wholesome goodness of Organic Fijian Virgin Coconut oil nourishes your naturally curly hair. Decadent Organic, Unrefined, Ghanain Black Cocoa Butter conditions each coily curl, and the vitamin enriched velvety suppleness of Australian Macadamia Nut Oil lovingly caresses each strand. 



So I'll start off with scent. It smells amazing. Like real chocolate. And it lingers for a little while. I can appreciate that this may not be the scent for everyone. If chocolate scented hair doesn't appeal to you...you may not like this product.



Now for the texture...it's pretty thick but spreads out nicely. It can be a little harder to work with in cold water. It has a very "natural" texture. It's nice.

Now let's talk about performance. It has amazing ingredients in it, but it just doesn't do that much for my hair. I tend to use it in wet hair when I'm out the shower and it just doesn't provide that much moisture or help with tangles. To be fair, she does recommend for dry hair. And I tried it that way and it was sort of moisturizing but I just wasn't wowed. And for the price I want to be completely blown away. But like I said, the ingredients are amazing so at least I know I'm putting amazing ingredients in my hair. 

As for packaging, it does come in small glass jars which I'm happily using again. You don't get a large amount but I'm please to report a little truly does go a long way. 

Ingredients:
: *Unrefined Organic Black Cocoa Butter (Theobroma Cacao), *Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos Nucifera), Unrefined Cocoa Butter (Theobroma Cacao), *Organic Watermelon Oil (Citrullus Vulgaris), Macadamia Nut Oil (Macadami Integrifolia), **Coffee Essential Oil (Coffea Arabica), Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil (Glycine Soja), BTMS (Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol), *Organic Castor Oil (Ricinus Communis), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla Planifolia), Vitamin E (mixed tocopherols 1000iu) and Love!

I probably would try this in other scents but like I said, it doesn't work that amazing in my hair sadly. It's too bad because I really wanted to love it. I think it may work better for someone that does more twist outs as opposed to wash and go's. Just a though.

Ah well. At least I can say I've finally tried it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment