Sunday, June 1, 2014

Lush Twilight Bath Bomb



I avoided picking up this bath bomb because of the name mostly. Too many things are named Twilight. I was on Twilight overload from the movies I love the story but sometimes the books got on my nerves and I didn't like the movie because the main actress was horrible! Anyway, that doesn't really have anything to do with the bath bomb...so I'll get to it.

Lush claims:
If sleep is evading you, this combination of essential oils will help get you ready for a good night's rest. As Twilight dissolves, it turns from the colour of the setting sun and gets darker, turning your water a shimmering deep purple. The fragrance has been designed to help you sleep: lavender is a soothing, mind-clearing and calming fragrance, used in aromatherapy to treat insomnia and aid restful sleep, while benzoin and tonka call to mind a milky caramel malt drink.





So this smells amazing. It's lavender and vanilla. One of my most favorite combos. When I actually threw it in the tub it became slightly more floral but I still liked it. The only negative thing I have on the smell is I wish it were stronger. It kind of faded into the background a little too well.

This one was a slow fizzer. I actually got into the tub before it had finished fizzing. It made super pretty pale purple water with nice shimmer throughout.


And it was super moisturizing. Most bath bombs seem to dry me out but not this one!!

Ingredients:
  • Sodium Bicarbonate
  • Citric Acid
  • Cream of Tartar
  • Sodium Laureth Sulfate
  • Lavender Oil
  • Benzoin Resinoid
  • Tonka Absolute
  • Ylang Ylang Oil
  • Lauryl Betaine
  • Coumarin*
  • Linalool*
  • Perfume
  • Colour 42090
  • Colour 14700
  • Colour 17200
  • Colour 45410
  • Lustre Silver

I actually really liked it but I wouldn't buy it again. I feel like there are tons of lavender/vanilla bubble baths that would be much more cost effective. 

What do you think? Tried it? Liked it? Loved it?

No comments:

Post a Comment