Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Organic Root Stimulator (ORS) Hair Mayonnaise


Today is an awful day for me! I called out from work because I'm having the worst stomach pains EVER-thank you gyro sandwhich! And I can't find my ID card. So I'm sitting at home...and I don't want to be. Grr. Anyway, figured I would do a few reviews. I picked this up a while back after I resolved to deep condition my hair regularly. I haven't been deep conditioning every week as planned but definitely more regularly than I was before. Any improvement is good improvement.

ORS claims:
An intensive conditioning treatment of Whole Egg Protein and Olive Oil that moisturizes and strengthens damaged/over-processed hair from within the hair shaft. A great product for everyone who wants to maintain healthy, vibrant hair.

Apply a generous amount of Hair Mayonnaise to towel dried hair and massage thoroughly for total distribution. Cover the hair with plastic cap and let process under a warm dryer for 15 minutes. Rinse with warm water and process with styling. Let process 45 minutes-1 hour without heat.


So first off...when did they officially become ORS? I guess they decided to change the name because on the hair boards no one bothers typing out Organic Root Stimulator. It's just ORS. 

Anyway, I always bought Africa's Best Hair Mayonnaise when I was in high school because it was cheaper and I think it had superior ingredients. At ten dollars this was simply too expensive.  My store sells it for $5.99 but it still runs around ten bucks. It's a sixteen ounce container so it's worth it.


I remember back in the day they instructed you to add an egg for extra protein/conditioning. Now they just recommend using as is and you can add heat. I just add a nice amount then put a shower cap and a scarf to lock in heat and leave it for an hour or more. 

It's a really thick cream with a small amount of slip so you could detangle a little if you wanted to. 

The scent is not my favorite. It smells like "deep conditioner". It's nothing that would make me stop using it but I can definitely say I don't like it. 

Other than the smell though, I think this is a a great deep conditioners. It's like a guaranteed good hair day when I use it. My hair feels a little stronger and it's really defined, with or without product afterwards. My hair even feels a little moisturized.

The only thing is that the ingredients could be better. It has some good stuff...but lots and lot of unrecognizeable things too.

Ingredients:
Aqua (Water) , Glycerin , Polyquaternim-37 , Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate , PPG 1 Trideceth 6 , Dimethicone PEG-7 Cocoate , Behentrimonium Methosulfate , Cetearyl Alcohol , Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed OiI , Hydrolyzed Collagen , Olea Europaea Oil (Olive) , Lanolin Oil , Tridecyl Stearate , Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate , Dicaprate , Tridecyl Trimellitate , C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate , Dicetyl Dimonium Chloride , Triticum Vulgare Germ Oil (Wheat) , Phenyl Trimethicone , Panthenol , Cholesterol , Urtica Dioica Extract (Nettle) , Capsicum Annul Extract (Paprika) , Cetyl Alcohol , Sodium Lauryl Sulfate , Dimethicone , Ovum (Egg Powder) , Fragrance , Benzyl Benzoate , d-Limonene , Linalool , DMDM Hydantoin , Propylene Glycol 
, Diazolidinyl Urea , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , CI 15985 (Yellow #6) , CI 19140 (Yellow #5)


Overall, I recommend it. I think it's a good product! The first one I have tried from the brand that has worked in my hair that is usually really sensitive to proteins. I think over time it can really help with shedding and other hair issues.

Have you tried it? Like it? Love it?

Edit: I know I gave this a positive review...however after using the entire bottle I found it dried my ends and I could really feel the mineral oil in it. Not as great as I thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment