Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Olay Advanced Ribbons Soothing Creme Body Wash


I hardly ever buy Olay products. I've had good luck with the soaps in the past so I don't really have a good reason too avoid them. I found a coupon for 50 cents so I bought it. I paid less than three dollars for it.

Olay claims:
Moisturizing Creme Ribbons

With Almond Oil

  • For the following skin types:  Dry, Normal
  • Helps with these skin concerns:  Dry/flaky skin, Dull skin
  • Creamy moisturizing formula improves the look of skin in just 5 days
  • Also use as a shaving lotion and enjoy a soft, smooth shave
If you like the feel of a creamy moisturizer, use Olay® body wash plus creme ribbons and indulge in moisturization in a form you've never experienced before.
The first body wash to add a ribbon of creme, Olay wraps your skin in fragrant, luxurious, creamy lather that visibly improves skin in just 5 days.

So let's talk about the Ribbons. Personally I think they look really cool-but I think they are a gimmick. A body wash need not have "ribbons" to moisturize. 

As for scent I really like it. It's almost floral but really fresh and clean. And it makes the bathroom smell nice. It lingers a little but dissipates pretty quickly.

Also, it actually is pretty moisturizing. My skin feels really nice afterwards. I thought from looking at the ingredient list that it may be greasy or not cleansing enough but surprisingly it does a great job.

The lather is pretty nice too. Most products that are this hydrating tend to not lather but this one does.

I almost forgot to mention the packaging! I love the fact that the bottle stands upside down. Makes getting the product out really easy and great for getting the very last drop.


Yay for Olay!

Well, except those ingredients. It has Mineral Oil and petrolatum and a whole bunch of other ingredients that aren't even recognizable.  The only good ingredient in the whole list is the almond oil.

Ingredients:
Water, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Trideceth-3, Fragrance, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil (Sweet Almond), Citric Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Acrylonitrile, Methacrylonitrile, Methyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Isopentane, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzoate, PEG-90M, Disodium EDTA, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Sodium Hydroxide, Red 7

If you can ignore the ingredients- it actually is a nice shower cream. 


No comments:

Post a Comment