Monday, July 28, 2014

Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss in Ruby


I bought this around Christmas Time in one of the Holiday sets Smashbox releases...so I paid around five dollars for it-which is a great thing because I don't think they are worth any more than that. I can't imagine paying the full $16 or $17 retail price.

It looks amazing in the tube-a brilliant red that looks like it should be opaque.

Then I applied it- and got a red berry color that was very sheer. Definitely misleading. 

The actually gloss is a little thick and a wee bit sticky. It last ok as long you aren't eating or drinking. It doesn't leave any sort of stain on the lips.

I almost forgot to mention-this gloss applies pretty unevenly and love to travel outside my hipline which is super annoying. You can kind of see it in the picture.

The smell is nice- a vanilla that reminds me of the scent MAC uses.

As far as moisture- I don't feel like they offer much. Once they wear off my lips feel like they could use a little extra moisture.


I'm not very impressed. Honestly you could find something similar in the drugstore. I think the line of these glosses have been discontinued but you may run across the set in a discount store so I figured I would do the review anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment