Saturday, July 5, 2014

The Body Shop Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash



I've tried a couple of facial cleansers from The Body Shop. Half of them I liked and the other half just didn't agree with my skin. Back a couple summers ago, I knew this was probably the one I should use if I went based on my skin type which is Combination/Oily. I was in need of a new face wash so I picked it up.

The Body Shop claims:
A mild, oil-free and soap-free highly foaming cleansing gel that effectively deep cleanses to clear open pores and rinse away excess oils, make-up, impurities and daily grime. Leaves the skin feeling cleansed and purified.

The Body Shop products was the first line I noticed using seaweed in there products. I tried a face mask with Seaweed from Lush and remember liking that so I thought "Why Not?". 

In my mind this was supposed to smell fishy. I don't know why I thought that but when I tried it I was relieved to find the scent to be really fresh and clean. I really enjoy the scent. 

It's a clear gel that foams up, you massage it in, and rinse off. It rinses easily and clean and does a great job of removing all my makeup. And it feels really refreshing which is nice in hot summer months.

Sounds Good, right?

But there are two things I don't like about it. First- the price. I paid $10 ($13.50 retail) for 3.5 ouches of cleanser. At retail that's almost four dollars an ounce! Even the Philosophy cleanser did not cost that much per ounce. That's a pretty steep price! 

Second, while I can admit it does a good job removing the oil from the face in some places, it's a teensy bit drying in the mouth area. Not as bad as some other products but still something I noticed and am not really a big fan of! 

I almost forgot-the ingredient list is pretty long and doesn't have enough natural things in it.

Ingredients:
Water (Solvent/Diluent), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Surfactant), Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Cocamide DEA (Surfactant), PEG-150 Distearate (Surfactant), Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate (Surfactant), Sodium Cocoamphoacetate (Surfactant), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Sodium Chloride (Viscosity Modifier), Fragrance (Fragrance), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Methylparaben (Preservative), Propylene Glycol (Humectant), Menthol (Fragrance/Cooling Agent), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Fucus Vesiculosus (Bladderwrack) Extract (Skin Conditioning Agent), Butylparaben (Preservative), Ethylparaben (Preservative), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Isobutylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Benzyl Salicylate (Fragrance Ingredient), Carrageenan (Chondrus Crispus) Extract (Natural Additive), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), Tocopherol (Antioxidant).

For me, it was OK. It did a great job cleaning my face but it wasn't anything outstanding, especially for the price.

2 comments:

  1. The only Seaweed product from the line I've used is the Clay Mask which I love! I do agree with you on the price though! Compared to the Tea Tree line (my fave) its a steep difference! The Tea Tree Facial Wash is £5 for 250ml here! The Seaweed facial wash is £8.50 for only 100ml :-( I highly recommend the clay mask though! Especially if you can get it on offer! Great review :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I saw that the other day!! I will definitely add that one to my shopping list :) I didn't have much luck with the Tea tree line-it made me breakout oddly enough. I sampled the toner and liked that though. I don't understand the price difference either-ah well.

      Delete