Monday, August 25, 2014

Dove Purely Pampering Shea Butter with Warm Vanilla Body Wash


I have a hard time resisting any product with Shea Butter. Awhile back I tried the Dove Shea Butter lotion and really really like it. I had wanted to try the body wash for awhile but just never got around to buying it. 

Dove claims:
Get softer, smoother skin after just one shower.* Experience our improved body wash formula, now even gentler, with the rich lather you love. 

Dove Shea Butter with Warm Vanilla creates a cloud of creamy lather that will leave you feeling restored. The warm scent fills your shower and our gentlest cleansers envelop you with care for a sense of balance and renewal. 

Dove is a brand I am really familiar with. It seems Dove is the only brand by family buys-so I grew up on it. It's nice that Dove real seems to be branching out and incorporating better ingredients into their products. Go, Dove! I just hope the Shea butter is fairly and responsibly sourced!

Anyway, on to the review.

Dove has a typical body wash scent that is ever present no matter what scent it is. This has that "Dove" scent. And then the warmest vanilla scent that smells soooo good. It's a very comforting scent that is particularly nice in a night time shower. I really like the scent. And it lingers! I think it smells a little different from the lotion but both smell pretty nice.

As for lather, it's thick and creamy. I tend to use a bunch though to get the lather extra rich. You don't have to use that much though. It cleans really well and rinses clean too. 

I must try this in bar form too but they don't seem to sell it in my area. Grr. 

I got the huge bottle. I like the packaging. Its your basic Dove packaging. Nothing really to say about it. 

As for ingredients, I wish they were more natural. And I wish that Shea Butter was a little higher up. 

Ingredients:

Water , Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Petrolatum , Lauric Acid , Cocamidopropyl Betaine , Stearic Acid , Glycerin , Glycine Soja OilSoybean , Helianthus Annuus Seed OilSunflower , Fragrance , Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) , Sodium Isethionate , Lauryl Alcohol , Tallow Acid or Palmitic Acid , Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride , Isostearic Acid , DMDM Hydantoin , Tetrasodium EDTA , Etidronic Acid , Methylisothiazolinone , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate , Red 33 (CI 17200) , Yellow 5 Lake


Overall, I love this body wash! It's super calming and leaves my skin feeling pretty comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment