Tuesday, August 26, 2014

MAC 116


I just finished drinking what is possibly the BEST banana milk shake I have ever had in my life. It was amazing. And it didn't have ice-cream or anything super fattening but it did have a touch of cinnamon. I really want another...I think I know what I'm making for breakfast! Anyway, let me stop talking milkshakes and start talking about this brush. My MAC brush collection is really growing. I'm so proud.

MAC 116:
Tapered for shading and highlighting cheeks and face with blush.
The bristles on this brush are soft and form a full, rounded shape. M·A·C professional brushes are hand-sculpted and assembled using the finest quality materials. They feature birch, linden and ramin wood handles, nickel-plated brass ferrules.

Ok, so when I first bought this I THOUGHT I loved it. Now not so much.

I really loved being able to place the blush exactly where I wanted. As time went on I would check my face in different mirrors and realized I really wasn't blending the blush out like I was supposed to. I have really big cheeks too and this blush is a tad small. Someone with smaller cheeks might really love this.

But back to the unblended look. This is a good blush for placement...but I find I really need a fluffier blush to blend it out. And rather than use TWO brushes...I would prefer a brush that places and blends. 

Another thing I don't enjoy about it- it sheds. I hate picking the hairs off my face. And it's pretty soft unless it's dirty. Then it can be a little scratchy. 

I like the way it looks though. MAC brushes just look professional to me. The black wooden handle, the super glossy ferrule, the nice bristles.

There are just other blush brushes that I find myself reaching for over this. For example, Eco tools (mine is falling apart but I love how it applies blush) and my Sonia Kashuk dense blush brush. 

The jury is still out on the 129 blush brush. 

It's an ok brush for highlighting though and you may be able to do a little contouring-but $35 bucks for a highlighting brush? No thanks!!


Overall, it's just OK. Not my favorite brush. I'll keep using it and if I change my mind about it I will be sure to come back and update.

No comments:

Post a Comment