Friday, August 15, 2014

Vicktor and Rolfe Flowerbomb


I almost mourned when my Lavanila Vanilla Grapefruit ran out, but it was time to move on. I was perusing the Sephora website and noticed this perfume seems to be amongst the most popular.  So I wanted to try it. Only $80 for ONE ounce is a bit steep. Then I got a sample of it in a Macy's order. And I really liked it. I was surprised because florals give me a major headache. But this isn't very floral to me. Luckily I got my bottle for $60-because I would have been pretty upset if I had paid more for it.

Victor and Rolfe claims:
This floral explosion releases a profusion of flowers that has the power to make everything seem more positive. Magically evocative notes immediately awaken your deepest senses, giving you the impression of living life in your own secret garden, away from reality. Sambac jasmine, centifolia rose, cattleya orchid, and ballerina freesia bloom on a base of patchouli.

Notes:

Sambac Jasmine, Centifolia Rose, Cattleya Orchid, Ballerina Freesia, Patchouli.
Style:
Oriental. Gourmand. Floral.


So like I said it's not very floral...to me. I guess maybe it's the patchouli in it. It's sort of a nice day time fragrance. Kind of. I don't really notice it much after I spray it on. Which kind of sucks considering the price.

Another thing, it doesn't really smell too unique to me. I feel like I have had things with similar notes in it-the Katy Perry one in the red bottle (Killer Queen) is a bit similar and much cheaper. 

I don't know-I'm not too thrilled with it mostly because of the price. If it cost like $30 I would think that's a better price for it.. Good thing I only bought the one ounce bottle.

And another thing that really sucks- they give you a code in the bottle to become part of their secret service and receive free samples. But the US nor Germany are either of the countries. 

I almost forgot, I do think the bottle is super cute though. I love that old school sealing ink mark (can you tell I don't know what it is?).  If you've ever seen Phantom of the Opera and noticed how they seal their letters that's what I'm talking about.

Overall, not super thrilled with it. Can't really recommend it. What do you think? Have you tried it? Like it? Love it?

Let me know!!

2 comments:

  1. I have the EDT version that I bought on the plane home from Portugal. It's slightly lighter/fresher than the EDP, stays closer to the skin but still lasts for a good few hours. I really like it but I agree that since it became so famous, so many similar fragrances have come out. That sweet mixed with the patchouli has become really popular. I also think Killer Queen is similar although I didn't like it as much when I tested it. I got a sample of the new Agent Provocateur Fatale fragrance recently and it smells delicious!! I'd say it was in the same catogory as La Vie Est Belle and Flowerbomb :-) Great Review, sorry you didn't like it as much as you thought you would :-( I've become perfume obsessed recently. Luckily I've enjoyed all the ones I've bought so far! Have you tried Taylor Swift Wonderstruck Enchanted yet? I think you may enjoy it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Patchouli...and I tend to love things that have a little in it but I dunno. This one just missed it for me. It could just be my chemistry not mixing well with the perfume...it happens. I actually loved Killer Queen- i just got tired of it. Lol I haven't smelled the Taylow Swift one- I think the packaging keeps me from picking it up but I'll give it a sniff next time I'm in the store!!

      Delete