Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Afrikan Republic Haul

After a bad experience with another companies Shea Butter I decided to go back to my tried and true Afrikan Republic. I ordered from them years and years ago, then a while ago they sent me some free products to review, and now here I am again ordering a couple things from them.

Realistically, nobody needs this much Shea Butter. But I couldn't resist the using the coupon you get when you order over $50 of products and not to mention they were having a 20% off sale. 

It's weird because the packaging is different than what you get. I wish they would update the packing but nonetheless, let's get started..

Light and Creamy Shea Butter
I had the whipped golden one last time so I just wanted to try something with a softer texture. This is the ivory colored Shea. Reminds me of the one I had years ago that I loved. It is light and easy to work with. 


Golden African Shea Butter From Ghana
Sometimes it's hard to order Shea Butter-because not all of it is real. I have had some from that was a little sketchy. I never get that from this company. This shea butter is amazing. Soft, easy to work with...LOVE IT. The label is different than on the sight though-kind of weird. 

Light and Creamy Lavender Infused
It is rougher in texture than the regular because of the essential oil. This smells of REAL LAVENDER. It's very relaxing. I think I prefer the Lavender Vanilla to this but this is great.

African Republic Vanilla Shea Butter
This one has a completely different texture from the others. I'm not sold on the scent of it yet though but I only tried some on my hands and boy were the soft.

Shea Moisture Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner
I've wanted this since I first started watching natural hair vids on youtube. A girl with the most beautiful curly hair used it and it looked amazing. I've used it twice-so far not impressed but I need to use it more.

Dudu-Osun Black Soap
I've tried a Nubian Heritage black soap that was pretty amazing but I think this is closer to the real thing than that was. It's very scented though so I'm not sure about that. The ingredients seem great though. Will do a review when I start using it. 

And that's all. Its probably going to take me forever to get through all this...but I shall. 

My average for each product was about 8.50-Including shipping. No complaints here!! And shipping was super quick so that was great. I really like this company and have never been disappointed in their customer service. 

Hope you all are having a great day! I must go sleep. Gotta get up at 6:30. 

No comments:

Post a Comment