Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Worst Foundations I Have Tried

A couple weeks ago I did a post of my favorite foundations...so I thought I would go ahead and do a post with the worst foundations I have tried. 

I'm by no means an expert but I thought I would give my opinions anyway....

So let's get started.

1. Maybelline Shine Free Stick Foundation
I was all excited to try a stick foundation-especially a shine free one as I do tend to get oil. This doesn't control anything. I look like any oily beast. Then it has the nerve to not even last a month. And the shade selection sucks. Sorry Maybelline. This is a fail. 

2.Clinique Superbalanced Makeup

I was all types of excited for this foundation. Having combination/oily skin is a challenge. You have to find a foundation that controls the oily parts of your face while moisturizing the dry parts. Clinique Superbalanced is supposed to excel at that but actually it fails spectacularly. It's not a bad foundation, if you don't read the claims and don't have any expectation.  I remember "liking" it at the time...back when I didn't know any better.
It did match at least though.


3. Bare Minerals Original Foundation


This is the one on the list I hate the least. If you used the right brush and really loaded it on, it's decent. I just hate the fact that it takes so much work, makes a mess, and made my face itch. The color selection is awesome though.


That was a pretty short list actually. Hopefully by the end of the year I can add on to it. I picked up NARS Sheer Glow and Smashbox Studio Skin so I'll be reviewing those sometime in the future. 

Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment