Tuesday, September 9, 2014

My Top Five Foundations

I don't normally do posts like this...but I'm struggling to come up with things to review. Sounds like I need to go shopping...Hmmm. Anyway, after brainstorming I figured I could do a couple posts on my top products. I haven't tried an extensive list of foundations...most of them are drugstore but why not do this post? 

1. Revlon Colorstay- There is a reason this has been around so long..it's awesome! It comes in TWO formulas-one for dry and another for oily/combination skin. Not many foundations cater to different skin types that way. I bought the one in oily/combination and it's the best formula I have ever tried. It helps fight oil and last FOREVER. I watched movies with a buddy and fell asleep-when I woke up my makeup was just as perfect as if I just applied it. The downside-I couldn't find my perfect skin tone but it does come in a ton of colors so you may have better luck than me! Oh yeah, it photographs with flashback for me but I think that's because I mixed it with one with SPF in it.


2.L'oreal HIP Flawless Liquid Makeup-I probably shouldn't pick this because it's discontinued but this was my first foundation LOVE. I had worn two before this but this is the first stuff that matched my skin perfectly, photographed amazingly, and hid my blemishes with PERFECT coverage. I wish they hadn't discontinued it. I bought a bottle off ebay for old times sake but nowadays it's a smudge dark for me. I wore this in my Hampton, VA days and my skin got much more chocolatier due to all the sun I got.


2. L'oreal True Match Super-Blendable Liquid Foundation-In my review I said I liked this better than Revlon because of the color match-but I like the Revlon Colorstay formula a smidge better. I love the coverage and the finish this stuff has though. Definitely worth a try!!


4. Covergirl Queen Collection Natural Hue Liquid Makeup- Comes in shades that suit a range of dark skin tones. Not the longest lasting but great for summer and is very build able. It photographs beautifully too!!

5. For number five I will pick Revlon Nearly Naked. The color matched perfectly for me! It feels like nothing is on and is very breathable. The only big con is that it isn't the most long lasting but dry skin girls will probably have better luck in that department. It is a pretty nice foundation though!

I believe that concludes my top five! I want to try a few more high end foundations---NARS Sheer Glow, a couple from Smashbox, something from Bobbi Brown, and Revlon HD...and some BB creams in the future.

Maybe I'll do a worst foundation post. Hmm. What are your top five? Any I must try?


No comments:

Post a Comment