Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Sleek Makeup: Terrible Customer Service


One thing I will not tolerate as a customer is poor customer service. If I feel like I have received bad customer service...I won't purchase anything from that company again. There are too many companies out there that have excellent customer service and I prefer to give my hard earned money to those companies. 

I've heard a lot of great things about Sleek Makeup...they are supposed to have amazing stuff for reasonable prices so naturally I wanted some for myself. I googled the company randomly one day and figured I would place an order, especially since they were having a sale. I mostly wanted the blushes and the contour kit for dark skin.

So I placed my order...got my order confirmation, saw the funds debited the next day. 

Now, I didn't expect my products in the next week. I order from LUSH UK and usually it takes around four weeks...so that's when I started looking for my box. Except...it never came. So I decided to write the company on the 08 of September. I figured that was more than enough time.

I gave them my order number and everything. They responded back on the 11th. Three days later...(I think 24-48 hours is reasonable...three days is a bit excessive)

So I did....The very same day!

The next day...they wrote me back saying I needed to check with my post office to see if they weren't holding it because that is the address they shipped it to. I deleted that email somehow because I was feeling heated..umm no the package is not at my post office. 

Umm...no they weren't holding it. And they proceeded to do nothing. So I asked for a refund. No response. None...nada. This was on the 12th. Today is the 17th, I believe I gave them ample time.

So I filed a dispute with my bank and VISA will take it up with them. In the meantime, I have my money back and shame on Sleek.

Honestly..I should have done a little research. It looks like Sleek has bad customer service history. Back in 2011 they had a super crazy fiasco with some sale they had. You can read about it here.

They won't be seeing a red cent from me.

I hate companies like this and although they may have awesome makeup I shall never know. 

I'm going to take my refund and buy some NARS...yippeee!!!



UPDATE:
So SLEEK wrote me back on the 22nd and refunded my money back. I'm still not happy with their customer service and will not be ordering from them again.