Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Sleek Makeup: Terrible Customer Service


One thing I will not tolerate as a customer is poor customer service. If I feel like I have received bad customer service...I won't purchase anything from that company again. There are too many companies out there that have excellent customer service and I prefer to give my hard earned money to those companies. 

I've heard a lot of great things about Sleek Makeup...they are supposed to have amazing stuff for reasonable prices so naturally I wanted some for myself. I googled the company randomly one day and figured I would place an order, especially since they were having a sale. I mostly wanted the blushes and the contour kit for dark skin.

So I placed my order...got my order confirmation, saw the funds debited the next day. 

Now, I didn't expect my products in the next week. I order from LUSH UK and usually it takes around four weeks...so that's when I started looking for my box. Except...it never came. So I decided to write the company on the 08 of September. I figured that was more than enough time.

I gave them my order number and everything. They responded back on the 11th. Three days later...(I think 24-48 hours is reasonable...three days is a bit excessive)

So I did....The very same day!

The next day...they wrote me back saying I needed to check with my post office to see if they weren't holding it because that is the address they shipped it to. I deleted that email somehow because I was feeling heated..umm no the package is not at my post office. 

Umm...no they weren't holding it. And they proceeded to do nothing. So I asked for a refund. No response. None...nada. This was on the 12th. Today is the 17th, I believe I gave them ample time.

So I filed a dispute with my bank and VISA will take it up with them. In the meantime, I have my money back and shame on Sleek.

Honestly..I should have done a little research. It looks like Sleek has bad customer service history. Back in 2011 they had a super crazy fiasco with some sale they had. You can read about it here.

They won't be seeing a red cent from me.

I hate companies like this and although they may have awesome makeup I shall never know. 

I'm going to take my refund and buy some NARS...yippeee!!!



UPDATE:
So SLEEK wrote me back on the 22nd and refunded my money back. I'm still not happy with their customer service and will not be ordering from them again.

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about this bad experience! I haven't shopped from them, but I've visited the site and I had been thinking of ordering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's OK :) I'm taking that money and buying some other junk lol You may have better luck with them...I know mine is shipped to the USA and then to Germany but honestly there customer service was horrible. When I have had that happen with other companies they respond quickly and will either offer refund or to reship the stuff..not Sleek. Grr....

      Delete
  2. That's shocking! So sorry to hear about this :-( I have no experience with that website as I always order via Amazon or Superdrug. I know what you mean though, bad customer service is the worst! I found that out the hard way after ordering a grab bag from the Burts Bees website :-( I havent bought from the website since. Ohhh hope you get something lovely from NARS! Glad you got the money back in the end :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ok!! I didn't know you could order on Amazon! Sleek isn't available locally? I thought it was in the UK? Was it the Burt Bees UK site or US? I still haven't picked anything from NARS yet but I can't wait too!! Thank God I used my VISA card. They make it easy to get your money back!!! I still wish they would have come through though...I was really excited for their products and now I have to boycott them lol

      Delete
    2. It's available in the big Boot's stores in Wales but none are local to me so I generally buy them online. It was the Burts Bees UK website, it took me four days to actually talk to someone because they kept saying "Ohh the person you need to talk to isn't in until tomorrow" and then I'd phone the next day and they would say exactly the same thing :-( Yeah I know what you mean, I haven't boycotted a brand as of yet. Just made sure I used a different site. Like the MUA site. I heard so many bad reviews about their customer service that I just buy them straight from superdrug! Hah!

      Delete
    3. I try to do that too but I hadn't heard anything about Sleek so I thought it was safe. I'm just too disappointed with the way they handled the whole situation. I love Burt's Bees, but they are available locally so I'm not sure how the customer service is. If I had known they were on Amazon I would have ordered there! I'm bummed though because I was super excited about those blush palettes and the contour kit. I'm happy with the NARS stuff I got though..so it's OK :)

      Delete