Thursday, October 9, 2014

Vaseline Intensive Care Cocoa Radiant Lotion


I haven't used a Vaseline product since high school.  It's not that I don't like the brand-it just seems so...average. Anyway, I found a coupon for it and winter is coming so I needed something to keep the dry, flaky, scaly skin under control (just kidding, my skin never get's that dry!). I chose this one because I love Cocoa Butter lotions. I've tried a ton- Queen Helene, Palmers, The Body Shop, and Black & Beautiful. 

Vaseline claims:
With cocoa butter & vitamin E
When our skin is healthy, light reflects off the rich color below the surface, enabling it to literally glow.  But when skin is dry, its surface becomes uneven and rough, leaving it looking dull.
Cocoa Butter deep conditioning lotion penetrates deeply to smooth away roughness and the appearance of dark spots, igniting skin's natural glow at the source.
  • rich cocoa butter - helps to even skin tone 
  • conditioning moisturizers - leave skin smooth and supple.

So I'll be honest-this stuff is VERY similar to Queen Helene's Cocoa Butter lotion. It smells the same and has a runny texture like that lotion. It smells beachy-coconutty and sun tan lotion like. I like the scent. It's different than most other cocoa butter lotion scents (except for the Queen Helene).

And like I said-it's very runny. Those that love a thick lotion beware. The good news it it absorbs quickly and is non-greasy. 

As far as it working-sometimes I feel it does and other times I feel it doesn't. It just depends on the day. Some lotions you may go back and feel your skin and be like "Oooh so soft". With this one I never go back and do this. Especially on my elbows. It's probably best suited for summer and here I am trying to use it in the winter but it does say "Intensive Care".

I like the packaging. It comes in two sizes-a smaller bottle and a larger size with the pump. It's always cheaper per ounce to buy the larger size so that's what I did. Plus I like having a pump on my lotions. Makes it quicker especially since I'm always short on time in the morning.

The ingredients aren't great. It has some good and some bad. There are definitely more natural alternatives out there for those that like a more natural  option. 

Ingredients:
Water, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Isopropyl Palmitate, Glycol Stearate, Dimethicone, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter (Cocoa), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil or Glycine Soja Oil (Sunflower, Soybean), Glycine Soja Sterol (Soybean), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) (Vitamin E Acetate), Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A) (Vitamin A Palmitate), Sodium Stearoyl 2 Lactylate, Collagen Amino Acids, Urea, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Carbomer, Lecithin, Mineral Water, Sodium PCA, Potassium Lactate, Lactic Acid, Fragrance, Stearamide AMP, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Caramel, Titanium Dioxide (CI 7789


Like I said earlier on this reminds me a lot of the Queen Helene one. Queen Helene is always cheaper though and in my opinion the better of the two. I would recommend that and almost every other Cocoa Butter lotion I have tried over this. Sorry Vaseline!

And it looks like my American Horror Story has finished loading....I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment