Monday, November 24, 2014

Bath & Body Works Twisted Peppermint Shower Gel



It's almost the Thanksgiving. I'm so excited I can barely contain myself! Except I'm not sure how much good food we will have because we are right smack dab in the middle of a move. And I'm trying to eat healthier. I've been drinking tons of water and kale smoothies now that I'm back in the states and kale is so abundant. But one can only take so much healthy foods....I want to make a Snickers cheesecake (yum!) and some stuffing for the Holiday. Hopefully I get the chance. 

Anyway, this is a shower gel review. I'm no stranger to the Twisted Peppermint scent. I had the candle last year or the previous year. 

Bath and Body Works claims:

          Wash your way to softer, cleaner skin with a rich, bubbly lather bursting with fragrance. Moisturizing Aloe Vera and Vitamin E combine with skin-loving Shea Butter in our most irresistible, beautifully fragranced formula!
  • Top Notes: Sweet Peppermint
  • Mid Notes: Mint, White Sugar
  • Dry Notes: Vanilla, Musk, Balsam
  • KEY FRAGRANCE NOTES:

    Sweet peppermint with a whimsical twist of sugar and vanilla makes the season bright!
  • USAGE:

    Add a drop to wet sponge or cloth & wash with rich creamy lather.





First off I am not a fan of mint bath products-at least none of the Lush products did it for me. But I'm always willing to give products a second chance in hopes that it will change my mind. Plus this isn't a straight up mint scent, it's mint AND vanilla. And you know I love anything mixed with Vanilla. 

This is the best mint bath product I have tried-I do like it. Wouldn't say I love it or would rush out to buy again. It smells mostly of candy canes and I probably would love it if it were heavier on the vanilla scent. 

It comes in the cutest bottle with a polar bear on it (changes every year-this years bottle is a raccoon) and the shower gel is your typical gel with pink coloring. It lathers nice and doesn't dry my skin and does an OK job of cleansing. 

Now as for the ingredient list- it's long. And full of unrecognizable ingredients. That's the thing I hate most about Bath and Body works products. It does have some good stuff but just not enough in my opinion.

Ingredients:
Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, TEA Lauryl Sulfate, Oleth 10, Lauramidopropyl betaine, sodium Laureth Sulfate, Parfum, Lauramide MEA, Aloe Leaf Juice, Shea Buter, Vitamin E, Sodium PCA, Polyquatermium 7, Hydroxypropyll Methylcellulose, Polysorbate 20, PEG Castor Oil, PPG 12 Buteth 16, PEG 150 Pentaerythrittyl tetrastearate,, PEG 6 Caprylic Glycerides, Dipropylee Glycol, trethylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Tertrosodiu, EDTA Triethanolamine, Vitamin C, Sodium Chloride, BHT, PPG Buteth 26, PEG 40, Hydrogenated Castor Oil,  Butyl Methoxydibenzolmethane, Ethylhexy Methoxycinnamate, Ethyexyl Salicylate, Benzyl Alchohol, Methoxychloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Red 33, Voilet 2, Yellow 5

Like I said, I wouldn't purchase it again ( I actually stole it out the cabinet so I got it free) but I will enjoy the rest of the bottle. 


No comments:

Post a Comment