Thursday, November 20, 2014

Blackberry Pear Smoothie

I posted a couple months ago about finally buying my Vitamin!! It's one of the best things I have ever purchased. I love it!!! I drink tons of green smoothies and now that I am in the states where Kale and all types of fresh greens area available I am looking forward to drinking even more smoothies. 

I thought I would start small and make a couple smoothies from the book that came with the Vitamix. 

I have to confess it isn't my favorite smoothie. It may be because I used greek yoghurt instead of plain but my smoothie came out just like blackberry pear yoghurt and it was a little on the...sour side.

Ingredients 
1 cup (245 g) plain yogurt
2/3 cup (160 ml) water
2 bananas, peeled
1 ripe pear, 7 oz. (200 g), halved & seeded
2 cups (280 g) fresh or frozen blackberries 

Directions 
1) Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
2) Select Variable 1.
3) Switch machine to Start and slowly increase speed to Variable 10.
4) Blend for 30 seconds (or until desired consistency is reached) using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.

I probably wouldn't make it again but it was fun trying and I'm sure my body enjoyed the nutrients from all the blackberries because I rarely eat them!! 

Although this one didn't turn out for me I'm looking forward to trying some of the other smoothies in the book.




No comments:

Post a Comment