Thursday, November 6, 2014

Philosophy Pure Grace Anti-Perspirant/Deodorant



I'm probably going to be a terrible blogger over the next couple of weeks because I'm moving back to the states! I've lived in Germany on and off since 2006...a very long time. And I'm super excited to be moving back. I just wish I could fast forward through the next week of packing out and flying back.

In the meantime, I have this super boring review for you...

A deodorant review. Meh. But this is high end so that's the only reason I am doing the review. I don't review drugstore deodorant.

Philosophy claims:
show grace under pressure.
be gracefully free of perspiration. pure grace perfumed antiperspirant/deodorant is formulated to reduce underarm perspiration, while refreshing your senses with its soap and water clean scent. the silky formula is infused with vitamin e and moisturizing agents to soothe skin irritation due to shaving or common skin sensitivities, leaving underarms feeling smooth and soft. it's a pure way to get through the day.
you need this product if:
  • you want to reduce underarm perspiration.
  • you want a moisturizing formula for silky, smooth skin.
  • you want a soap and water clean scent.
  • you have sensitive skin and need a soothing formula.
So the only reason I picked this up was because it was on sale for $7, which is still really pricy but a lot better than paying $18 retail for it.

Most deodorants I can sweat through but this stuff right here....keeps me dry and fresh! For 24 hours nonetheless. I'm pretty bummed to tell you it's the best deodorant I have ever tried. 

But still not worth $18.

The only thing is you might be expecting a noticeable scent and this really doesn't have that. At all. It smells kind of powdery (not in a bad way) and fresh in the packaging but you can't smell it once you swipe it off.

The packaging is really nice. Best deodorant packaging I have ever had! And I love the words on the front "Show Grace Under Pressure". 


I was surprised to see it was a solid stick though when I opened the tester in the store. For some reason it looks like it should be a roller deodorant. I'm not complaining though because I hate wet deodorant. Bleck!

I would have taken a picture but I already swiped it under my armpit. So I thought that might be a little weird. :/

Ingredients:
active ingredient: aluminum zirconium tetrachlorohydrex gly antiperspirant (18.0%). 

inactive ingredients: cyclopentasiloxane, stearyl alcohol, ppg-14 butyl ether, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, hydrogenated castor oil, dimethicone, talc, silica, zea mays (corn) starch, fragrance/parfum, squalane, tocopheryl acetate, allantoin, benzyl alcohol, bht.



Overall, its my favorite deodorant and best Philosphy product I have tried.

Unfortunately I think it's discontinued but it may show up in discount stores. 

No comments:

Post a Comment