Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation 4.2



After what has been the most stressful week in my life I am back to blog.

I haven't had much luck this year with foundation. This year my goal was to branch outside of my comfort zone-and that I did. I tried mineral foundation and stick foundation and nothing has impressed me as mush as good old fashioned liquid-so that's what I came back to. I haven't tried many higher end foundations and since I've been trying a couple Smashbox products I figured-Why not give the foundation a try.

Smashbox claims:
Life is your set. Stay flawless for 15 hours with this photo shoot secret to picture perfect skin. T
his long wearing, hydrating formula blurs imperfections using light diffusing spheres and delivers natural-looking, buildable medium-to-full coverage while keeping skin hydrated and shine free all day

Sweat and humidity resistant
• Transfer-proof and oil-free. 

This product provides 25% improvement in skin moisture in eight weeks


This foundation comes in 12 shades and as per usual-only two brown girl shades. I'm the darkest shade which is 4.2 described as a deep warm brown. 

The glass bottle is nice and it comes with a pump. A pump is not a necessity for me but I know most people prefer them. 

This foundation is a hydrating one- which is definitely not one I tend to go for since my skin is combination. But I will try anything once even if it isn't targeted towards my skin tone.

The foundation itself reminds me a lot of Revlon Colorstay which is one of my favorites except I can't find my perfect match. The Smashbox matches me perfectly.

The texture is on the thicker side but not as thick as some foundations out there. Coverage is medium. I can still see blemishes on the right side of my face but I don't see the need to have a flawless face on an everyday basis so it doesn't bother me too much. I can always add concealer or a little extra for more coverage if need be. 

This foundation looks pretty nice on and seems like it gives my skin a glow. In most lighting it looks pretty amazing but if I get super close and in certain lighting I feel like it emphasizes pores. I personally don't feel like it hydrates my chin/cheek area and I'm very careful to moisturize well before I put it on.

As for the claim of it wearing 15 hours it does stick around for a long time. I can go out and come back looking pretty much the same with a little extra dewiness a couple hours later. The dewiness is nice though-not a greasy mess like some foundations have left me. 

The transfer resistant claim is-not sure. I found it transferred on clothes, tissues, etc. It's not as bad as some foundations and I never noticed it getting on my papers at work so that a good thing.

What's really weird is that they recommend using it with the Smashbox primer but I hated it that way. I felt it made my skin drier looking and emphasized pores even more. Strange. 

I really like this foundation and it is in my top five but it is rather expensive at $42 (most expensive I have tried to date). A really good alternative is the Revlon Colorstay which performs almost identically at a fraction of the cost. I do appreciate that this already matches me and I don't have to mix colors. 

It looks a little light compared to my neck but I promise it doesn't look like that in person.


And now lets look take a closer look at my shadow-I'm loving the green! Green has been the most intimidating color for me to wear but I'm really loving this. Don't mind my lip color clashing. I don't have a shade that goes well with this.





No comments:

Post a Comment