Sunday, January 4, 2015

My Turkish Tea Party


I had the pleasure of living in Turkey when I was younger for around two years. It was one of the most interesting places I have lived. Very rich in culture, history, they had amazing fruits and veggies, and the food was pretty good too. Unfortunately I didn't really try as much as I should have because at that age I just wanted some fries and a hamburger. I did try a little but not nearly as much as I should have. 

One of the things I remember most is the Turkish Apple Tea. Whenever you go to a store to buy carpets or gold, the storekeepers would treat you like guests in their homes. You would sit down, chat, and have some tea. I loved that apple tea. It was only recently that I did a little googling and found out it wasn't what most Turkish people drink! It's something they serve more for tourists. 

Bummer.

So I started searching for more on the real stuff and found a couple vids on youtube. They were using a very interesting method of brewing the tea I had never seen before in a special tea pot. And the tea glasses were just too cute. 

A little searching in my parents house and I found the teapot and some really beautiful tea sets. Unlike traditional turkish glasses our tea sets had handles. Of course I would love to use the more traditional sets but I like the handled ones too!
 

All I needed was some "Turkish Tea". One of the vids a woman mentioned her favorite brand and it was sold on Amazon. So I ordered two. 

So much tea!!! It will take me forever to get through the both of  them. 

Turkish Tea takes a little while to make so it's not something I would make in the morning, unless I didn't have to go somewhere. 

The red color is so pretty and the tea tastes pretty good. Not super different from any tea I've ever had before. I just like the fact that I felt like I was right back in Turkey getting to try something I hadn't tried while we lived there.

Now I've got way more tea than I could ever drink!

Anyone want to stop by for some Turkish Tea?

Random: I also found a Turkish Cookbook...and will def be trying some of the recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment