Friday, January 9, 2015

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Soap



I talk about Shea Butter a lot on this blog, but Cocoa Butter was my first love. Palmer's Cocoa Butter....mmmm. Which is why it's a shame I've never reviewed anything from them before!

Palmer's Cocoa Butter claims:
Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Soap, a richly lathering cream soap, softens and moisturizes as it cleans without leaving a dry, tight feeling.  Enriched with pure Cocoa Butter and Vitamin E, this cream soap is excellent for use on face, hands and body.  The ultimate bar soap for moisturizing the skin.  Use daily for a smooth, clear, radiant complexion.
 I originally bought this to use on my face but decided to use it on my body instead. I will probably buy another somewhere down the line for facial use. In the meantime..here's this review.

I've never tried anything in the Palmer's line except for the Cocoa Butter lotion. That smells...divine. So I was hoping this would smell the same. No luck. It smells like generic hotel soap with a hint of Cocoa. Not the same yummy cocoa as the lotion. Just a very faint...real cocoa scent.

Even though I use mostly liquid body wash I like bar soaps much better. I think it's the lather. For some reason I think they lather better. A little rub on a washcloth goes a long way. 

The best thing about this soap is how soft it makes my skin. My left elbow for some reason is super dry. No matter how much lotion I put on it, it refused to soften up. It's been like that for a little while now. 

The first day I used this soap I was wearing shorts and I touched my leg and was wowed by how soft it was. I didn't think to check my evil elbow until about three days later. Somehow, that was as soft as the other. 

It's seriously softening. In fact, I could get away with skipping lotion on areas that I normally wouldn't even think about skipping lotion on.

One thing I was concerned about was if the Cocoa Butter was fair trade. They don't say anything about it on the box so a little digging on the website  which shows they are members of the World Cocoa Foundation which sources Cocoa responsibly. Yay!

I really do like this soap. Only gripe I have is I wish the ingredients were more natural. 


Ingredients:
Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Cocoate, Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Tocopheryl Acetate, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Iron Oxide (CI 77489), Allantoin, Fragrance, Benzyl Alcohol, Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289)


I would definitely reccomend this one if you are looking for something to soften your skin. However, if your looking for something similar but all natural ingredients I would reccomend the Nubian Heritage Ivorian Cocoa Butter Soap with Milk Chocolate and Hazelnuts. It will run you the same at just over two dollars if you buy it in a beauty supply store. 

I'll probably pick up the liquid version next just to try it. 

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment