Sunday, January 11, 2015

Tea Time: Teavana CocoCaramel Sea Salt


Not so long ago I posted a huge haul with all the stuff I got from Teavana.

I finished up the Slimful Chocolate Decadence Oolong Tea (it was ok with milk and sugar) and was very eager to open up another.

Teavana says:
This chocolatier-inspired infusion combines the distinct tastes of sweet and salty. Buttery caramel, decadent chocolate, a hint of cream and a light sprinkling of sea salt satisfies any craving. 
A lusciously creamy blend of caramel and chocolate with a hint of sea salt

Somehow I chose another Chocolate one. In fact they look pretty similar. The Coconut piece look very similar and when I first opened them they smelled very similar. I really didn't like the smell...but as it mellowed out it smells a lot better now. Kinda like dark chocolate.

I was disappointed to find that the ingredients from last year differed a lot from the ingredients last year. I saw someone had pistachios in it before. Bummer!

So brewed it according to instructions and got prepared to taste melty chocolate, with ooey gooey caramel, and just when you fall in love with the sweet, a bit of salty hits you. At least that's what it would taste like in my mind. 

First thing thing I noticed was the murky brown oily water. Not very appetizing but I could forgive if it tasted good. 

Which it didn't. It's tastes like licorice...with some faint chocolate. I hate licorice. So I really didn't like this. In fact, I brewed up a lot for my mom-who did like it. I still have a little bit left. The only think I like about it is the fact that it makes me not want to eat anything. It kills my appetite because of the licorice.

I find sometimes I can salvage a tea by adding sweetener  but it doesn't really help.

In case you do like it, it's not a tea that goes far. It loses flavor quickly so you won't be rebreeding the tea and since it's quite heavy you don't get as much as you would a lighter tea so it disappears quickly.

The ingredients are..interesting. It has red pepper and when it brews you actually see rehydrated red peppers in it. Theres no actual tea in it, which I miss because I like the taste of tea plus all the supposed benefits that go along with drinking it.

Ingredients:
Cocoa kernels, carob pieces, chocolate flakes (sugar, cocoa mass, cocoa powder), coconut chips, liquorice root, anise seeds, artificial flavoring, marigold petals, red bell pepper, sea salt CONTAINS COCONUT AND MILK

Overall, not for me. I'll be opening up the Pumpkin Spice Brûlée Next! Hopefully that doesn't disappoint. 

No comments:

Post a Comment