Friday, February 27, 2015

Diana Ross


I'll be the first to tell you I'm not Diana Ross' biggest fan. I like her, I have a lot of her music....but still she's just OK. Her voice just doesn't do that much for me. But I do love her style back in the day (when she wasn't do album covers where she looked like a malnourished boy..ha). Her makeup was always pretty and I love the big hair. And I love her talking voice.




When I was listening to her music I went ahead and watched a couple of her movies. I love Mahogany, The Wiz, and as for Lady Sings the Blues-its a horrible adaptation of Billie Holiday's life. I really wish they had been more accurate.

Like I said, I'm not her biggest fan but I do still like her.

Here are some of her songs that are on my Diana Ross playlist.

The Boss- Love the lyrics...and it's Disco!!
Reach Out and Touch (Somebody's Hand)- I like songs about making the world a better place :)
Ain't No Mountain- This is one of my favorite songs...is it possible to not like it?
Love Hangover- The beginning of the song is my favorite- I usually don't listen past the beginning
I'm Still Waiting- Cute song
I'm Coming Out- Its a classic
Sleepin'- I can feel the anxiety women must have felt overtime their men left the house. This song tells a powerful story if you really listen
Missing You'- I really love this song.
Do You Know Where You're Going To- This song get's stuck in my head and won't get out
Upside Down- Love
Stop, look, Listen- Another solid Ross/Gaye collar

Actually maybe I like her more than I'm willing to admit. Anyway.....these songs are solid. Check em out!!




No comments:

Post a Comment