Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Smith's Strawberry Lip Balm


I finally finished up my awful Kiehl lip balm. I really hated that stuff. It always dried my lips out and made them peel. So when I finally finished that up I found myself in Sephora checking their selection out. The really don't have that many options for lip balm (surprisingly) unless you want to spend almost $20 for a balm from Fresh. Which I most certainly did not.

Smith claims:
This aromatic lip balm with natural Beeswax and a trade secret blend of strawberry flavor is a favorite of both celebrities and athletes. Strawberry lip balm is as scintillating as strawberry shortcake.

I had heard of Smith's Rosebud balm and apparently that's a pretty popular product. Unfortunately they didn't have a tester so I couldn't smell the product before purchasing. I usually don't like Rose scents so I went for the Strawberry (which they did have a tester for). 

The strawberry scent in this is very artificial. It smells like Strawberries and Cream. I really like the scent though. You can smell it for a little while after you use it so if the scent bothers you I wouldn't recommend it. 

The packaging is really nice. An old school looking tin. This is one of those products that you do have to dip your fingers in to apply which is not always the most hygienic when you can't wash your hands before applying. I usually just rub my lips directly into the tin. It looks silly...but it works (don't judge me). 

As for ingredients...you can certainly find better quality ingredients for a lower cost. Burt's Bees anyone? 

Ingredients:
Pure White Petrolatum (Surgical Grade), Lanolin, White Beeswax, Trade Secret Strawberry Flavor.

In case you were wondering the "trade secret strawberry perfume flavor" is not as ground breaking as they seem to think. It's kind of hilarious they listed it like that. 

Basically it's glorified petroleum. Granted it does smooth my lips out for a decent amount of time, I don't think I would repurchase  or recommend. There are better options on the market for a better price. Take your seven dollars and buy TWO Burt's Bees balms!!

Random: Opened up my Teavan Zingiber Ginger Coconut Tea. I really wonder where the name comes from. This tastes like Amaretto tea. I don't find the ginger or the coconut flavor at all. That said...I like it. One of the better one's I have tried...but I don't think I would repurchase. It doesn't stand up to the addition of milk. 



No comments:

Post a Comment