Friday, February 20, 2015

Sonoma Naturals Argan Oil Serum



My skin hates me right now. I have been breaking out like crazy lately. All because of applying a sample of sunscreen and switching back to Cetaphil. I was using a natural bar soap on my face but when I found my bottle of Cetaphil I figured I had better use it up. I don't remember it breaking me out before though. Anyway, I needed a new moisturizer because I had finally run out of my other one and everyone always raves about the wonders of argan oil.

Sonoma Naturals claims:
An ingredient in an exotic Moroccan dish, Argan oil has been commonly traded and sold month the colorful throngs of Marrakesh for as long as anyone can remember. But this rich oil, traditionally extracted by Berber women from it's olive sized tree nuts, also contains countless powerful beauty benefits. Among the highest known levels of protective Vitamin E, softening omega fatty acids, and several restorative sterols provide skin with several levels of age defying nourishment. 

The only other reason I picked it up was because it had a retail value of $40 on it. Grossly overpriced. I paid about ten for it which is much better than forty but.....you can get an ounce of pure organic argan oil for around $14.

This is not pure oil.

The ingredients are:
Safflower Seed Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Argan Oil, Tocopherol Acetate, Tocopherol

Argan is the third ingredient after much cheaper oils. Hmmm.

It is moisturizing though...and goes pretty well under Shea Butter BUT I would rather use the pure stuff. That way I can really get all the benefits from Argan. 

It's not great to use under makeup unless you are using a primer on top...at least for me because the oil comes through and it is not cute. So I only use this at night time.

So far I haven't noticed much improvement but I haven't noticed anything negative either. No breakouts (from this) and my skin isn't any more oily than it was before I started using it.

But like I said, I would rather just use the pure oil. I'm going to use it up...but I probably wouldn't repurchase.




No comments:

Post a Comment