Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Victoria's Secret Passion Struck Hydrating Body Lotion


I'm addicted to Netflix. Seriously. I love thrillers and the thriller category of Netflix brings me so much joy (dramatic much?). I watched Stephen King's A Good Marriage -which is excellent by the way...and various other suspense movies. The only bad thing is it has the potential to turn you into a complete couch potato. So I try to make sure to get some exercise in before a session! Anyway, this is a lotion review...so let's get down to it.

Victoria's Secret claims:
Ignite passion and intensity with the new VS Fantasies Passion Struck Hydrating Body Lotion. It’s your new favorite alluring scent in a luxe, moisturizing formula for soft, smooth, touchable skin. The fast-absorbing formula contains nourishing aloe, oat and grapeseed extracts, plus antioxidant vitamins C and E. It caresses skin with a sultry blend of Fuji apple and vanilla orchid.

So I already reviewed the body splash and the shower gel that I also received in a gift set from a wonderful friend. I liked those two a lot. This...wasn't my favorite thing in the set.

I've never been a big fan of the Victoria's Secret lotions. I've always preferred the body creams. In fact I had quite the collection in high school. The lotion is just a little too runny for me and not as hydrating as the cream..but it works. Kind of. It doesn't do too much for elbows and knees and it definitely doesn't last 24 hours. 

For those reasons alone I probably wouldn't repurchase the lotions.

But to add another reason (do i really need to?), I find the scent to not be as fresh as the shower gel/body splash counterparts. It smells muted.

The only positive thing I can find is that it is useful for layering if you like to do that sort of thing. The scent lasts...OK. Sometimes I catch whiffs of it on clothing....

Ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Petrolatum, Cetyl Alchohol, Dimethicone, Fragrance, Ceterareth 20, Diaolidinyl Urea, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Aloe Leaf Juice, Benzyl Alchohol,  Tetrasodium EDTA, Macadamia Seed Oil, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide,  Disodiem EDTA, Propylene Glycol, Oat Kernel Extract,  Absorbic Acid, Vitamin E, Apple Extract, Grape Seed Extract, Butylpehyl Methylpropional, Coumarin, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Red, Yellow


As for ingredients..it has some awful stuff as well as some good sprinkled in. But in no way do they make up for the bad stuff in it.

Overall, I like the splash and the body wash a lot better than the lotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment