Saturday, March 28, 2015

Plantlife Vanilla Orange Herbal Soap



I found this soap a couple months ago for $4 at TJ Maxx. I've always wanted to try a natural handmade soap and this is the closest I've come to finding them in the store. They have a ton of soaps in the TJ Maxx that I went to. I was interested in a couple others but since the combination of Orange and Vanilla is one of my absolute favorites, this one HAD to come home with me.

Plantlife claims:
Vanilla Orange is soothing, healing and inviting to bathe with. The gentle aroma of pure vanilla and fragrant orange blossoms is reminiscent of a 50/50 ice cream bar. This soap is rich in antioxidants and helps to refresh dull, dry skin.

This has an amazing scent. I couldn't imagine a better Orange Vanilla scent if I had tried. It is a little light but not too light. The problem comes when I lather it up. The scent almost disappears. I was expecting an actual aromatherapy experience and wanted the scent to blow me out the water. 

I was kind of bummed about that but other than that this is an excellent soap. When you touch it, it feels full of moisture. And it does the same to my skin. Once I get out the shower my skin feels "moist" (I hate the word moist).  A couple hours later my skin goes back to feeling normal but I am very impressed with how moisturizing it is.

Because the ingredients are all natural I even use it on my face. Which is where it really shines. I thought using it on my face would concentrate the scent but it smells more of plain old soap than the Vanilla Orange scent. Once I'm done washing my face is soft and moisturized. I LOVE it as a face wash.

Using it that way made me realize that I need to ditch the chemical filled facial washes. I had been using Cetaphil (still trying to finish the bottle) and while it's not causing breakout I have pore issues. Huge pores. But when I use something else that goes away. I feel better about using something with all natural ingredients to wash my face than something filled with things I can't pronounce. So from now on I will only be using natural things to wash my face. 

One complaint I do have is this soap does disappear quite quickly. But if you use it exclusively as a facial wash you should be OK. But even though it goes fast I was pretty happy to say that although it does melt a bit quicker- the bar weighs a little more than the 4 ounces stated on the box! Mine weighed 4.4 ounces. Seemingly insignificant but made me happy regardless.

Geez, I almost forgot to talk about how it looks? Can it look any cooler? It has pretty orange swirls on  a natural cream soap background. Too cool!

Ingredients:
Agua (Water), Saponified Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, Saponified Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Saponified Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Kernel Oil, Saponified Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Proprietary Blend of 100% Pure Essential Oils & Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil.

Overall, I'm really impressed with it. I wish the scent was stronger but the ingredients and performance is pretty impressive. I also have the lemongrass one which seems to smell a bit stronger. Once I've used that I will do a review on that too!

EDIT- This is still moisturizing but the moisture isn't blowing me away like it first did. Still liking it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment