Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Lux Naturals Blackberry Sage Soap




I'm a soap hoarder. Whenever I got shopping I come home with a new soap...sometimes two. And they have their own dedicated drawer. It's complete craziness. But I take comfort in the fact that there are worse things I could be hoarding (like what I don't know!)

Lately I'm getting back into all natural soaps. I used a bunch a couple years ago when I was trying out all the Nubian Heritage soaps but then I got into buying Lush soaps and The Body Shop gels. I think from now on I will be sticking to mostly natural soaps..because why not?

I found this soap when I was browsing Whole Foods. They had the cutest display. You pick your soap and like Lush it was sold my weight. I think I paid about $3 for it. The website sells 4.2 oz for $6.50. I didn't weigh mine so I'm not entirely sure how much I got.

Lux Naturals claims:

Juicy blackberries with a hint of sage.


It was the scent of this that made me HAVE to take it home with me. When I saw the display I picked up every soap and gave it a good sniff. For some reason I couldn't put this one down. The only sage scent I've had was a candle from Yankee Candle that was citrus and sage. I did not like that. To be honest I have no idea what sage smells like on it's own. I just know this blackberry sage mix is yummy. It's smells like juicy blackberry koolaide. When you use it, a little more herbal scent seems to come out. 

It's not too strong and it's not too weak. Like most soaps it doesn't linger. But that's completely fine with me.

Lather is nice.

And it doesn't dry my skin at all. Skipping lotion was no problem at all. Of course, the warmer weather could be helping with that....I'm not sure. 

The ingredients are amazing. 

And the soap is so cute. Green and Blue swirls. The colors look even richer when it hits water.

It seems to be lasting just about average. With my piece I'd say I will get around two weeks out of it. Maybe two and a half. I cut mine in half so that might be helping too.

Ingredients:
Ingredients: Saponified- Coconut Oil, Palm Kernel Oil, Olive Oil, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Organic Sustainable Palm Oil, Castor Oil. Avocado Oil, Jojoba Oil, Fragrance*, Mineral Pigments. *Phthalate Free. 98% Natural

I think I need more. I wish Whole Foods was closer to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment