Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Top 5 Mascaras

I was using mascara long before I really knew what it was. I bought my first tube in middle school. The only store I really had access to was the BX on the base and they had an extremely limited selection. A few Covergirl and Maybelline products and that was about it. Mascara was easy for me to figure out. You sweep it on your lashes and your done (unlike foundation or eyeshadow). I wore it everyday. Eventually I figured out what it was for and it became my favorite makeup item.

My first Mascara was the iconic Maybelline Great Lash. Since then I've tried a small variety of different mascaras. I prefer the natural bristle most, if not all the time, so most faves will be natural bristled brush mascaras.

I have lashes that need a lot of help. They are pretty short and quite thin but there are a lot of them. Kinda.

Anyway, these are some of my faves!

1.L'oreal Voluminous- This makes me lashes look "voluminous". Sorry for the stock photo!


2. Maybelline Pulse Perfection Mascara- I generally don't like brushes like this and I thought this mascara was just a gimmick. But it gave me some very dramatic lashes. Length AND volume.  Only problem is, it was discontinued.


3. Maybelline XXL XX--Treme Length Microfiber Mascara- Two steps that take a little longer but the results were completely worth it. If you were able to cover up the white well enough! 

4. Maybelline Lash Turbo- Three Maybelline mascara's on a list of only five! Wow! To be fair I have mostly tried Maybelline mascara's so that's probably why. This one gave me awesome lashes!

5. Lancome Hypnose- This gave me really dark and thick lashes. The reason it comes in 5th is because of the price. You can most definitely pay drugstore prices and get great lashes. This one was worth it though.


Runner Up- Maybelline Lash Stiletto

This post is not complete without a couple pics of me wearing some of these awesome mascaras. 




What are some of your favorites?


No comments:

Post a Comment