Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Eyeliner in 25L



I really wish Make Up Forever would ditch the numbering system and use names. It would be so much easier to refer to their products. Anyway, I got these awhile ago when Sephora shipped this by accident instead of an eyeshadow I had ordered. Of course, I got to keep these so I wasn't mad at all.

Make Up Forever claims:
A creamy, long-lasting eyeliner for intense non-stop color
A must have in your makeup bag, this waterproof eyeliner does not smudge or fade throughout the day. It’s formulated to glide on effortlessly, making it easy to define your eyes. Available in an array of vibrant shades, this liner is guaranteed to make your eyes pop.
 Waterproof, highly pigmented, and smudge-proof, the Aqua collection of long-lasting lip and eye colors was created for the Parisian Aquatic Ballet. Tested under water for five hours, Make Up For Ever’s longest wearing makeup has an extensive palette of high-performance colors with non-stop results. This product is fragrance free and ophthalmologist tested.

So this is basically a deep dark chocolatey brown. I'm usually all about the black liner but sometimes you need something a little more subtle and this is perfect. At first I didn't think it would make much of a difference since I have brown skin but it does add a some definition.

I use it in the waterline because I'm not a big fan of using it as a lid liner. It is still there by the end of the day but it fades...ALOT. Which if I'm paying $19 for an eyeliner I don't want to happen. You can get the same results with a drugstore liner.

My favorite way to use these is as a base if I'm going for a brown smoky eye. I apply it, smudge it a little, then top it with some brown shadow. It seems to help the shadow last a little longer (I still use primer). 


Overall, it's OK. I probably wouldn't run out and replace it when I run out. 




No comments:

Post a Comment