Not to long ago I did a post where I picked out my top mascaras. Today, I'm covering some of what I think are the worst mascaras. But of course, just because it doesn't work for me doesn't mean it won't work for you. Everyone's lashes are different.
My lashes are on the shorter, thinner side but I have a decent amount of them. I want a mascara that makes my lashes long, extra black, and thick. More often than not I don't get the lashes promised onthe back of the packaging...I just get average lashes.
Anyway, this is my list of mascara's that just didn't work for me.
1. Maybelline Lash Stylist- I think this is discontinued in the US but it is still available in other countries. The brush on this was pretty unique at the time and it did a decent job. The problem was how crunchy it made my lashes. The would get so stiff it was literally painful. And taking it off was pretty damaging to my lashes.
2. Maybelline Define-A-Lash Lengthening Mascara- This mascara does define the lashes well but that's about it. I didn't get much length or volume. While it didn't work for me I have seen it work pretty well on those that already have long thick lashes.
3. Nars Larger than Life Volumizing Mascara- Difficult to wash off and doesn't give me any volume whatsoever. I was expecting more because it does cost over $20 and it's NARS. NARS makes some of the best blushes but their mascara is not for me.
4. Covergirl Lash Blast- The first three mascaras on this list truly belong...The next two were just average. So they weren't awful but they weren't great either. I'm not a fan of plastic bristles on a mascara which is what this one is. It was decent, however, it didn't last very long and couldn't hold the natural curl my lashes have.
5. Revlon Grow Luscious- I didn't have any growth from this mascara but I didn't really expect any. This mascara wasn't a great mascara until it nearly dried up. After months of using it, I started getting pretty good length and volume but waiting months for a mascara to work isn't my idea of a good mascara.
Doing this list made me realize that there aren't a lot of mascaras that I've used that I absolutely hated. Only the first three were horrible, the last two are more tolerable.
What are some of the worst mascaras you've tried?