Thursday, May 14, 2015

Anita Grant Babassu Lavender Rose Shampoo Bar



I've recently mentioned wanting to use more natural products and trying to switch most of my products out once I have used up my current stash....Well I have officially switched to natural shampoo. I was having issues with a lot of commercial shampoo anyway. I was getting a lot of tangling and excessive hair fall. I've used Anita Grant's Babassu Amla bar before and loved what that did for my hair so I ordered this. If you are in the UK you are lucky, unfortunately by the time I paid the dollar conversion from pounds and for shipping it made this bar around $20. Was it worth it?

Anita Grant claims:
Suitable for all types of natural curly hair and those with sensitive skin.
Our Babassu Lavender Rose Shampoo and Shower Bar cleanses your whole body without stripping the natural oils from your hair or skin.
Free of artificial synthetics: No sodium dodecylsulfate (SDS), no sodium laureth sulfate (SLES), no sodium laurel sulfate (SLS), no methylisothiazolinone, no ammonium laureth sulphate (ALES), no cocomidopropyl betain or other nasties.
Vegetarian and Vegan Friendly.

Let's talk scent first. When your first get it, it smells like REAL lavender oil. Unfortunately I didn't really pick up on the rose scent...but I'm generally not a fan of rose scents anyway. When you sniff it directly from the bar the scent is really nice...but once I lather it in the shower it's not that noticeable and it definitely doesn't stick to the hair. Maybe that's just the nature of shampoo bars? I'm not upset about it because the bar is ALL natural.

So you get a decent size bar. I got three sample size pieces (although I ordered a bar, the sample sizes add up to be bigger than a bar so I'm not complaining). I cut each piece in half and each slice gets me at least 3-5 shampoos. So that's about 30 washes...

She does recommend an apple cider vinegar rinse or adding baking soda to the lather. I feel like my hair comes out softer with the Apple Cider Vinegar rinse vs the baking soda so I prefer to use it that way. I have skipped using either one of these though and my hair came out fine.

When I used the other shampoo bar from her I had pretty good lather...but I know it depends on your water. I don't get much lather anymore..but remember it's not the lather that cleans your hair! Excess  lather always dries and tangles my hair anyway. My hair and scalp get clean without the lather.

My favorite thing about this bar is that I get barely any hair falling out when I shampoo. With some other shampoos I have lost a ridiculous amount of hair from just sudsing up! Plus this doesn't dry my hair out at all. I do think the Amla bar left my hair in better condition but this is nice too...

You can also use these as shower bars but it's way to expensive for me to just wash my body with so I reserve it for hair use only.

Another thing I adore about these shampoo bars is that they are all natural. No sulfates, preservatives, fillers, or any other junk in it. I love all natural products. They just make me feel good about using them. For more information on the ingredients and what they do, check out her site. 

Ingredients:
Aqua (Ashbeck mountain spring water), *Organic Babassu (Sodium babassuate), *Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olea eurpaea), Refined Mango Butter (Mangifera indica), *Organic Castor Oil (Ricinus commonus), Lavender essential oil (Lanvandula angustifolia), Rose Powder (Rosa damascena) and Love!


Overall, I would recommend the Amla babassu bar over this but I do enjoy this one too! You can't really go wrong with either one.

No comments:

Post a Comment