Friday, May 15, 2015

Dudu Osun Black Soap



I've heard so many raves for african black soap and I have tried the Nubian Heritage version-which I love-but I wanted to try something a little more authentic. This seems like a more commercial bar and  I have seen more rugged looking soaps being sold but I figured I would start with this first.

Dudu Osun claims:
Dudu Osun Black Soap is crafted entirely from natural ingredients and herbs, many handpicked in Africa this soap will have you feeling refreshed and silky smooth. Dudu Osun restores damaged skin and is helpful in healing chronic eczema, acne, freckles, and dark spots. Scented with osun (camwood extract), citrus juices, and native honey. With aloe vera and natural vitamins. A traditional African solution to refreshed healthy skin. Cleanses, Nourishes, Protects, Refreshes, and Invigorates
  • Naturally Cleansing Skin
  • Helps relieve acne, oily skin & other skin problems.
  • Great For Any Skin Type
  • Benefits against premature facial lines and wrinkles

I used this soap on my face...one day I might purchase another and use it as a shower soap. 

I'll start off with the scent. It smells nice-fresh and clean. While I like the scent just fine I'm not a fan of it when I'm using it as a face wash. It seems like it would be great in the shower but it's a little too over scented for my face. Keep in mind that's just my opinion and some people aren't bothered by the fragrance.

It's a decent size and if using for the face it will last FOREVER. Which is great because I only paid around 3-4 dollars for mine. I bought it from afrikanrepublic.com but there are many other retailers that sell it.

What I love about it is it cleans all my makeup completely, it lathers really well, and it doesn't break me out! Many people have said that it helps with acne so it might be worth a shot if that's your struggle.  I don't have acne BUT I do get some pimples when I use products my skin doesn't agree with. 

I heard somewhere that it's supposed to help fade dark marks and I have noticed it lightening a couple marks a little bit. It is a gradual process though so don't expect results overnight. I'm hoping as I keep using it, it will lighten them more and more. I believe it's the lime that does the lightening. 

I only use it once a day-at night. I have heard that products containing citrus can make your skin sensitive to the sun so definitely be careful with that. 

I have combination skin that can be sensitive to certain products-this doesn't irritate my skin BUT I would recommend people with sensitive skin be very cautious with this, also with people with dry skin. If I don't get my moisturizer on after using this my skin can get pretty dry and tight. It does take around 20 minutes or so before I notice the dryness so it's not immediate. The best moisturizer I have found after using this is Shea Butter. They make a great combination. 

One more thing, it can be messy! I usually just wet one side that way I don't have to get the entire bar wet and I wash twice my face twice-once to get makeup off and once to cleanse. If I didn't wear makeup that day I just wash once.

The ingredients are wonderful! I have no complaints at all as far as ingredients go.


Ingredients:
 Pure honey, Shea butter, Osun (Camwood), Palm kernel Oil, Cocoa pod ash, palm bunch ash, Aloe Vera, Lime Juice, Lemon Juice, Water and Fragrance.

So overall, I really enjoy using it. It makes a great cleanser I only wish it came in an unscented version for the face.

Have you tried it? What were your results?

No comments:

Post a Comment