Saturday, May 16, 2015

Vietnamese Lime Chicken Wings

Sadly I 've never had vietnamese food...so when I found this recipe on Food Network I was pretty excited to try it. And it met my "I grill once a year" requirement. This isn't a vietnamese recipe, I think it's just called that because it uses some of the flavors in Vietnamese cooking...I guess.

So like I said, I found the recipe on Food Network. Click here to view the recipe.

It had one ingredients that I could not find...except in dried form. I'm sure it would have been much better fresh but you work with what you got. I just powdered 20 dried leaves and used that. 

I made the marinade. It was super easy-except pureeing the shallots, which made my eyes water ridiculously. I really need to invest in some kitchen goggles! 

Then I let the chicken sit for about an hour. 

After that threw them on the grill- I let mine cook a lot longer than the direction stated because the coals weren't that hot. 

Basted them. Took them off the grill, threw on some peanuts, and a bit of cilantro. I hate cilantro so I didn't really use much of it.

Then proceeded to THROW down. These were pretty great! The only thing I would change if I make it again is to reduce the chicken bouillon powder. It added a bit more salt than I'm used to. Other than that, this is a solid grilling recipe, especially if you like trying new flavors.



No comments:

Post a Comment