Saturday, May 30, 2015

Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser


I know this has been out for awhile, but it's new to me! I had the Smashbox Primer forever...and when that finally ran out I thought I would replace it with something much more affordable. I got this for about five dollars...compared to the higher end primers which can cost as much as $40 that could be considered a steal..if it works!

Maybelline claims:

Poreless Smooth Skin Perfection! One second to smooth, poreless skin. Get mistake- proof, poreless smooth skin with Maybelline New York Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer.
  • Poreless Smooth Skin Perfection!
  • One Second To Smooth, Poreless Skin
  • Visibly Pore Blurring Smooth Skin

The first thing I noticed was the packaging, which is too cute! It comes in a mint green tube with really cute lettering on it...kind of reminds me of Benefit's Professional. I've never tried that one so unfortunately I can't offer up a good comparison.

The next thing I noticed was that is comes in a .67 ounce tube. Um, most primers  usually come in 1 oz.  I would have appreciated the full ounce of product but since it's only five bucks I won't complain too loudly.

As far as claims, it really doesn't make much beyond blurring the pores. Most products like this claim to make the foundation last longer, control oily skin, and reduce the appearance of fine lines. It feels pretty similar to most other primers you can buy that are silicone based. They help smooth your skin a little bit..but not much. To be honest, it's barely noticeable with this one.

As for the one claim it does make....I don't think it really lives up to that. The very first time I put it on my skin kind of reacted to it and I had little bumps on my cheeks. That still happens sometimes. As for blurring pores....not really. I notice it a little but but once I have my foundation on it looks the same as if I hadn't used this.

The one good thing I have noticed is that it mattifies my skin the teensiest bit before I put on foundation....which is a good thing. It doesn't keep me matte but it doesn't make me oilier either. 

I have switched my skincare to completely natural, but I still use "makeup" with less desireable ingredients. This is one of those products. 

Ingredients:
Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearyl Heptanoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Silica Silylate, Propylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Prunus Cerasus Extract / Bitter Cherry Extract.


Sooo...I'm not impressed by this and wouldn't buy it again. It really doesn't make enough of a difference to justify even the five dollars spent on it. I will use it up but won't repurchase it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment