Sunday, May 31, 2015

Poached Egg Whites, Turkey Bacon Salad


I haven't been eating as many greens as I need to be...so this weekend I went grocery shopping and bought a huge head of kale and some escarole. The kale is for my green smoothies and the escarole was for the salad. I couldn't find the frisee so I substituted. 

I have never poached eggs and I still can't. I had to give up. I messed up two eggs trying to poach them. Eventually I just gave up and fried them. I also used the whole egg. I hate saving egg yolks only to not find a use for them and end up throwing it away. Anyway, the yolk has a lot of nutrients so it's definitely healthier to just eat them in my opinion!

Everything else went fine though...especially the dressing. Homemade dressing is so easy to make! I did substitute out white wine vinegar for the red...but it came out fine!

I did like the salad...it was very filling but it's not my favorite salad recipe. It did give me the idea of adding turkey bacon and eggs to salad..usually I just stick with chicken and cheese etc.

Overall it was good...but I probably wouldn't make it again. 

I got the recipe from self magazine...you can click this link and it will take you to the recipe if you are interested in trying it yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment