Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Plantlife Lemongrass Aromatherapy Herbal Soap


I used to think I hated the scent of lemongrass- until I met this soap. I think it was Carol's Daughter Hair Milk that made me think lemongrass was so unpleasant. I came across this soap in TJ Maxx for about $4 and once I picked it up, I had to take it home. I think I have a thing for the citrus-y soaps.

Plantlife claims:
Enriched with organic calendula extract for silky, healing suds, this soap deep cleans, tones and revitalizes. Useful for oily or acne prone skin. Also a great soap for the kitchen!


The smell of this is pure lemongrass....and it smells so nice. Kind of lemony-very uplifting and bright! I really do love the way this stuff smells. Like the vanilla orange I found that the scent directly off the soap was much stronger than what you get when you actually use it. This was was a bit stronger but it's still on the light side for me. I'm guessing that's because it's scented with essential oils. 

The lather is decent. I won't say it's the best I've ever used but it's definitely not the worst.

You get a decent sized 4 oz bar- although mine weighed 4.6 which is always nice! Unfortunately, although you get a decent sized chunk it melts pretty quickly. I tried to cut mine in half but still found it to disappear rapidly. 

As always with this brand, the ingredients are GREAT. All natural...and olive oil is the SECOND ingredients. Most soaps do a higher concentration of palm or coconut. I'm guessing the higher amount of olive oil yields a more moisturizing soap because if I don't use lotion after, it's no biggie.

As it says in the description, it's supposed to good for acne or oily skin- I don't have either of those conditions but it certainly wouldn't hurt to try if that's your battle. 

Ingredients:
Agua (Water), Saponified Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, Saponified Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Saponified Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Kernel Oil, Saponified Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Organic Matricaria)Flower Extrract, Proprietary Blend of 100% Pure Essential Oils, Carthamus Tinctorius (Organic Safflower) Flowers & Bixa Orcellena (Organic Annatto Seed) Flower.

Because they melt so fast it's not something I would buy regularly, but they are nice to try. If you like Sexy Peel by Lush I would definitely recommend trying it as an all natural, cheaper alternative. 

No comments:

Post a Comment