Wednesday, May 6, 2015

The Body Shop Honeymania Body Butter


It seems like honey is popping up in cosmetics all the time now. And for good reason, honey is antibacterial and it's a humectant that draws moisture from the air and adds it into your skin or hair. And it tastes good too! I love honey, so when I saw this I picked it up! I paid $10 but the retail price is $21. They have slowly but surely been creeping up in price. Just a couple years ago they were $16. Definitely wait for a sale...

The Body Shop claims:

    This luxurious Body Butter has a rich, floral scent. Each pot contains Community Fair Trade honey made from the nectar of thousands of wildflowers. Dip in for skin that feels silky soft. 24 hour hydration, leaves skin feeling softer and smoother, buttery texture,  rich floral scent.


    I've had a couple of products that have contained honey- the best scented one being Lush's Honey I Washed the Kids. That is the most amazing honey smell. So I was expecting The Body Shop to bring it now that they have added a honey line.

    This particular honey is very floral, think honeysuckle. Which I can understand, most honeys are floral depending on  which flowers were used in producing the honey. But I'm not really a fan of it. It's a bit too floral. If it were more on the sweet side I might have really liked it. It's not terrible, I just don't love it. And it doesn't linger very long, maybe about an hour and then it's gone.

    The texture of this one is VERY thick. It's almost like butter-but like all body butters it spreads really easily and absorbs pretty quickly. It says it's supposed to be for dry skin and I agree, if you have dry skin this should go a long way in providing softness and moisture to the skin. The feeling lasts for quite awhile too.

    As always the packaging is a tub, which get's a couple complaints for being un-hygienic. It's fine with me, I don't dip dirty fingers into it. Plus I couldn't imagine this super thick stuff in any other packaging.

    As for ingredients, The Body Shop ingredients are better than most but they still contain a couple questionable things. I do like that Shea Butter and Cocoa Butter are in the first two ingredients, and I like that it has fair trade honey from Ethiopia!

    Ingredients:
    Aqua/Water,  (Cocoa) Seed Butter ,  (Shea) Butter, Glycerin , Cetearyl Alcohol , Glyceryl Stearate , PEG-100 Stearate , C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Cera Alba/Beeswax ,  (Sesame) Seed Oil , Parfum/Fragrance , Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil , Dimethicone , Mel/Honey, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol , Xanthan Gum , Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol , Geraniol , Sodium Hydroxide , Linalool , Limonene, Citric Acid , CI 15985/Yellow 6 , CI 19140/Yellow 5 .


    Overall, it's not bad but not my favorite body butter from The Body Shop. I have seen the smaller pot's popping up at TJ MAXX for a decent price if it appeals to you..just a heads up!

    I have this one and the argan to finish then I will be going completely natural for lotions....

    No comments:

    Post a Comment