Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Afrikan Republic Vanilla Shea Butter


If you read my blog you would know I LOVE Shea Butter and I love Vanilla scented products....so I couldn't wait to get my hands on this stuff. I bought it when the site was having a twenty percent off sale so I paid just over eight dollars for 8 oz of Shea.It normally costs $12.

African Republic claims:
Delight in the heavenly scent of Vanilla Shea Butter from Afrikan Republic. Organic Shea Butter infused with natural vanilla scent.
This shea butter goes on easily and lasts a long time. The scent of this shea butter is truly heavenly. Use it anytime, but if you rub it on after a bath or before bed special things can happen.

When I first gave this product a sniff I didn't really like the scent. It smelled funny..however you should never judge a product based solely on a sniff test. I finally started using it and fell completely in love with the scent. It smells so good. A very nice and warm vanilla scent and for some reason I get a whiff of banana too. It is unrefined shea so it does have a little bit of the "shea" smell, but I don't mind it. 

The best thing about the scent is that is lasts and amplifies when I sweat if I put enough on. I love that! My sweat literally smells like vanilla-nice when I work out!

It's a little bit of a different texture than regular shea butter- I'm guessing that's because of the "vanilla essential oil". It still melts easily but I notice it's not as greasy. Not that Shea Butter is greasy, in my opinion. It actually sinks in super quickly and moisturizes like nothing else! And the moisture lasts and lasts.

The only problem is that it takes a little more work than if you just used a lotion. You have to dig it out and then rub it in. Takes a bit more time but I think it's worth it. It's completely natural and actually good for your skin! 

I love this on my body but not so much for my hair. The vanilla smell get's lost when I used it in my hair...so I save it as a body moisturizer. 

Shea Butter makes a great facial moisturizer...but this tends to smell like straight up butter on my face. Not bad...just strange. I do still occasionally use it on my face though.

Overall, I LOVE this Shea Butter but I don't like the website as much as I used to. I ordered from them years ago when they had a really nice fair trade Shea Butter. At one time they sent me a couple products to review (which I was very grateful for!), but now I just feel most of their prices are to high for what they selling. I would look elsewhere for a yellow Shea butter as their's is priced way too high!  And their Green Tea and Tree Cream was already priced high at around $10 for 4 oz and lately it's gone up to almost $15...not worth it. Plus I'm pretty sure it's a repackage. Anyway, I'm not as thrilled with the company as I once was is what I am saying. But I still love this vanilla shea butter! I wish it was fair trade though...

No comments:

Post a Comment