Friday, June 12, 2015

Biggs and Featherbelle Granola Bar Soap



First off, let me start off by saying that I love the company name! I have no idea what it means, I should probably read the about me section....another day! Anyway I came across this line when I was browsing through Wegmans, which has a surprisingly decent beauty section. They carry raw shea butter and various natural brands that make me very happy! Go Weggies!

Biggs and Featherbelle claims:
Key Ingredients
Oatmeal:
exfoliates & soothes
Wheatgerm Oil:
rich in vitamin e
Honey:
nutrient rich, hydrates the skin
Nutmeg essential oil:
warms
Tangerine essential oil:
balances

They had the cutest soap display and I couldn't go home without picking one out. I picked all of them up and gave them a sniff but ultimately decided on this one because it has nutmeg and tangerine oil in it. Two ingredients I haven't used in a soap before. It had very minimal packaging-just a brown bag with a sticker but I love that sort of packaging. If you order it online you get nicer packaging!

Now although it has those two oils...it smells nothing like that. In fact, it almost has no scent. Maybe a little oatmeal-y! That was kind of disappointing but I already knew the deal when I picked it up.

It's an exfoliating bar with little chunks of oatmeal. I appreciate an exfoliating soap but I still use a separate scrub. It doesn't make my skin as smooth....but it DOES exfoliate. Definitely be gentle with it though because it can get a little too scrubby. If you don't like that you can always use it with a washcloth. I just rub this one directly on my skin.

This soap lasts a decent amount of time. It doesn't melt too quickly at all. I think that might be because of the oatmeal- which actually does soothe irritated skin. I had a little rash and it helped it out a little.

The lather is average. Nothing to rich but it will get ya clean...without drying your skin! I can easily skip lotion.

The ingredients are excellent and I love that they highlight exactly what each ingredient is known for doing!

Ingredients:
Distilled Water, Saponified Oils (Soybean, Coconut, Palm, Sunflower & Wheatgerm), Oatmeal, Honey, Vitamin E & Essential Oil Blend (Tangerine & Nutmeg)


Overall, I do like it...I just wish it had more of a scent! What can I say? I like scented things! I almost forgot to mention- I bought this for around 3 bucks. It's listed at five on their website but I recommend shopping around because some other sights offer it a bit cheaper!

No comments:

Post a Comment