Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Hair Rules Nourishment Leave-In Conditioner


The only reason I bought this was because I got it for a great price. It normally retails for $21...but I got it for $10. I bought it when Folica was having their Black Friday sale. I haven't heard too much about the brand but figured I would pick it up anyway. And no, I did not read the ingredients before I got it or else I probably would have gotten it. 

Hair Rules claims:
This lightweight, leave-in conditioner, detangles, hydrates and revitalizes all hair textures with nourishing honey and avocado oil, extracts of hawaiian ginger root and lemongrass to promote soft shiny hair and buoyant curls without weight.


It comes in a cute, little, extra squeezy bottle. You get 8 ounces of a regular creamy looking leave in conditioner. And by regular...I mean regular. It smells kind of like what you would expect an olive scented product to smell it. It smells very fresh but the scent doesn't linger. 

It turns your hair white for a little while but will eventually dry in. It doesn't add much shine or moisture and it definitely doesn't do too much for detangling or curl definition. In fact, my hair was pretty defined  before I applied this product and I felt like this made it dry extra frizzy!

As you can probably tell I don't really like it. It's grossly overpriced. Especially when you consider the first couple of ingredients. Just sayin'. It has a bunch of junk in it...a couple of good things but the good does NOT outweigh the bad. 

What's really ironic is that they have a little symbol on the bottle and boast that they are free of parabens, animal cruelty, sodium chloride, phthalates, and artificial colorant meanwhile they have glycols, dmdm hydantoin, mineral oil and all sorts of nasties. 


Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane,C12-15 Akyl Benzoate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Dimethiconol,  Glyceryl Stearate, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hedychium Coronarium Root (Hawaiian Ginger) Extract,Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract,Coix Lacryma-Jobi Ma-Yuen (Job’s Tears) Seed Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus (Lemongrass) Extract,Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil,  Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Honey, Fragrance, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate,  Ppg-5-Ceteth-20 Glycerin, , Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Triethanolamine, Dmdm Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

Overall, I wouldn't recommend it and I won't be trying anything else from the brand.

Sorry Hair Rules!!


No comments:

Post a Comment