Monday, June 22, 2015

I Work Out!

High Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Stroke, Colon Cancer, Diabetes.

Pretty scary, huh? These are all a part of my family history. And I don't want any of it. So I've been trying to make lifestyle changes.I've been pretty good with the working out for awhile now. And slowly but surely changing some of my diet.

I already switched to wheat instead of white on most of my food choices. I drink a ton of water....and now when I drink tea I rarely add sugar. And I hardly ever drink juice. Maybe once a month-if that!

And I've been logging my calories for the last 149 days. I use my fitness pal and if you want to add me my user name is roxstar201289. We can encourage each other.

I do need to up my vegetable intake and I am currency working on it. One step at a time. I love fruit though so I eat a ton of it! Probably more than I should.....

 But like I said, I have been upping the workout. I have a drawer full of fitness games that I love playing but lately I've been wanting to switch it up a little bit. So now in addition to the fitness games I've been picking a workout on youtube to do!

The have some great workouts and best of all-completely free. I've tried pilates, yoga, african dance, bollywood, and they have many more to choose from! I think I'm going to try Tae Bo next.That looks like fun. 

In order for me to stick with something I need a lot of variety...I still do my fitness games because it's more interactive...and I do have a lot of variety but sometimes you want to try something completely different.

I only do resistance training once a week- I really need to do more but I hate resistance training! You ever noticed the people with the best bodies weight train- a lot? 

 One big mistake I was making was not stretching afterward. My "games" don't tend to have a stretching portion so I tend to skip out on it..but since my muscles have been tight I found a nice stretching routine on youtube that really helps out. Which reminded me I really need to work on my flexibility.....


Some changes I've noticed? I have muscles in my legs. My legs are SUPER chunky....but I've noticed a change in the muscles and how they feel! My arms too...still flabby on the bottom but more toned overall. It's crazy!! 

Anyway, I'm going to continue on with the working out and hopefully update a little more often-maybe give some reviews on the different games I use.

Stay Healthy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment