Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Samples Review: Ahave Mineral Hand Cream, Ahava Mineral Body Lotion, Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask

Round two of reviewing products that I would no longer purchase but am not going to throw away the samples I have! I have switched to mostly natural products but I have a decent sample collection and figured that as I use them I would do mini reviews. Of course, I only used these mini sizes for a little while so I can't tell you of any long term effects.

Ahava Mineral Hand Cream - When my parents went to Israel they brought back a few things from Ahava. This was included. I had always seen the brand in TJ Maxx and really wanted to try them. I love trying products from other countries, especially if they have some sort of "magic ingredients". To be honest though, the ingredients aren't that great and I doubt there is enough dead sea water in it to make a difference. It did make my hands feel nice for about an hour after I applied but I could not take the heavy perfume old lady scent. The ingredients and the price lead me to say...SKIP IT!

Ahava Mineral Body Lotion-
Again with the heavy overpowering scent. I was really hoping it would have a different scent. On top of the offensive scent (to my nose), it doesn't really hydrate the skin. My skin felt nice and then about an hour later it was parched. My skin doesn't usually dry out like that on it's own so I'm pretty sure it was just this. The ingredients aren't great...it has like three nice ingredients lower down in the list. Overall, I really disliked this. 

Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask
I got this product sample in a store. Ive actually tried a couple different Origins masks. I don't have dehydrated skin but a little extra moisture never hurt anyone. Also I find moisturizing my skin intensely helps to keep some of the oil away. First off I really like the scent...it smells like apricots and plants. It goes on pretty nicely and my skin looks plump and healthy after application and when I wake up in the morning. It didn't clog my skin up but I only tested the sample size. The ingredient list is very mixed. It has some nice natural stuff in it but it's not ALL natural. I hate that they don't post the ingredients on the website but overall I liked it. It is very expensive though...not sure it would be worth the cost.


And that's all I have for now!! 

Sidenote: Have you seen the latest Game of Thrones episode...I literally shed tears. And I'm so mad I have to wait a whole year for the next season...Gr. Maybe I'll start reading the fourth book to tide me over.


No comments:

Post a Comment